Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KAO coming to the Bears - Chilly comes out of retirement
Chilly’s an easy target but the team improved under him and Phat Pat seemed to have his back during the last season of schism.  

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:
Chilly’s an easy target but the team improved under him and Phat Pat seemed to have his back during the last season of schism.  
chilly was hated because under Tice there were no secrets... at all.  he told people everything and was cute about it.  Chilly told the media fuck off and didnt try to sugar coat it and they never gave him a chance and that transferred to the fans.... especially the snowflake type that feel that they are entitled to anything they want since they are the fans of the team.

I choose to believe Moss, Favre and The Wilfs...Chilly was a rigid little Richard who eventually lost the locker room

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
chilly was hated because under Tice there were no secrets... at all.  he told people everything and was cute about it.  Chilly told the media fuck off and didnt try to sugar coat it and they never gave him a chance and that transferred to the fans.... especially the snowflake type that feel that they are entitled to anything they want since they are the fans of the team.
I didn't like the guy because he was a joke.  The Vikings hired him to improve the offense, and it didn't happen.  The team made the playoffs because of defense and a strong running game.  His KAO was a total failure, and he wasn't a very good HC.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
I didn't like the guy because he was a joke.  The Vikings hired him to improve the offense, and it didn't happen.  The team made the playoffs because of defense and a strong running game.  His KAO was a total failure, and he wasn't a very good HC.
Depends on what you want from a head coach.  Do you want a team or do you want a Super Star and the rest.  Tice’s offense was Moss and the rest...  and Tice’s last year our O (without Moss) fell to 19th in points and 25th in yards, from 6th and 4th respectively.  Chilly’s first year(2006) was worse, 26th and 23rd.  His next year improved to 15th and 13th(better than Tice’s last year) and the following year 12th in points and 17th in yards(still better).  Then bert happened.  

Me?  I want a solid team that plays to win... not standing around waiting for one guy(super star) to make a play.  Special treatment of one player over another sends the wrong message to rest of the team and creates problems.  No player is greater than the org.

The only thing wrong with Childress’ offense with the Vikings was it required an NFL calibur QB to run it. 

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
The only thing wrong with Childress’ offense with the Vikings was it required an NFL calibur QB to run it. 
The only time we saw it produce well was when a future HOF QB had one of his top seasons.  I'm pretty sure any offense can succeed under those conditions.

As the member of the TAO with final say and the man who pick Jackson and decide Webb should stay at QB, any lack of an NFL-caliber QB is entirely his fault.  So maybe it just needed a better QB than Childress could identify.

Quote: @"Scoog" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
The only time we saw it produce well was when a future HOF QB had one of his top seasons.  I'm pretty sure any offense can succeed under those conditions.

As the member of the TAO with final say and the man who pick Jackson and decide Webb should stay at QB, any lack of an NFL-caliber QB is entirely his fault.  So maybe it just needed a better QB than Childress could identify.

You mean Brooks Bollinger, Tavaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb?  That doesn’t preclude his offense from being sound.  Childress and Spielman’s inability to get a decent is a separate issue from the offense itself. 

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
@"Scoog" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:

You mean Brooks Bollinger, Tavaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb?  That doesn’t preclude his offense from being sound.  Childress and Spielman’s inability to get a decent is a separate issue from the offense itself. 
But it does preclude him being a worthwhile hire.  Whether our offense sucked under him because he couldn't evaluate QB talent or because his offensive schemes sucked is like arguing about whether it's the taste or the chance of disease for why you don't want to eat a shit sandwich.