Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug Pederson should have been coach of the year
Just outstanding coaching all year and into the playoffs. Talented team. If the Philly fans weren't such incredible thugs and complete a-holes, I'd be a little happier for their success. 

I expect the Eagles to be a perennial playoff team and NFC power for the foreseeable future. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Just outstanding coaching all year and into the playoffs. Talented team. If the Philly fans weren't such incredible thugs and complete a-holes, I'd be a little happier for their success. 

I expect the Eagles to be a perennial playoff team and NFC power for the foreseeable future. 
Totally agree Sticky. He out Belichicked Belichick and made Zimmer into his boy toy.

I read a great article on the trick play & how balsy not only the call, but the timing of it
& how there philosophy of not playing conservative when ahead
how that will get you around an 8-8 record every year

that staff really did their homework 

I agree w/ the coaching Sticky, however the Eagles are last( or close to it) in salary cap space, they will be forced to make moves. I believe they’ll be over the cap threshold w/ just their current contacts, not to mention the amount needed for free agency & the draft...

The Eagles lost their MVP QB in Wentz and then their starting LT at mid-season. Its not like they didn't have their share of adversity. They deserve to hoist the trophy. 

The Eagles lost their MVP QB in Wentz and then their starting LT at mid-season. Its not like they didn't have their share of adversity. They deserve to hoist the trophy. 
Again I agree, but w/ a ring guys will want to get paid, their salary cap position will dictate many roster changes moving forward.

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
I read a great article on the trick play & how balsy not only the call, but the timing of it
& how there philosophy of not playing conservative when ahead
how that will get you around an 8-8 record every year

that staff really did their homework 
audentes Fortuna iuvat

Pederson was bold and pulled out all the stops except for a portion of 3rd Qtr. i think zim is good in game but  i cant remember Zim ever calling a trick play

Yup, he should have been...I haven't seen play-calling head and shoulders above the competition like that in the NFL for quite some time. 

Now regarding perennial playoff team? Probably, but as soon as I start believing that in a franchise they F it up or the football gods smite them with injury. They got a lot of salary cap headwind to navigate. I wish them awful luck next year to be honest about it lol!