Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans in Philly - Why is it Allowed
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Being a midwest kid, Carson Wentz has to look at that type of behavior and be as disgusted as we are.  I would like to see him as their "star" player be a vocal leader for fan accountability in Philly.  If they wont listen to their on field leader,  then the league really has to start looking at the issue of fan safety for those attending their events.  the very fact that this type of behavior is rampant and ongoing,  with no action from the league, says to me that the league has liability if this type of shit is taking place on event grounds.

If Wentz makes criticizing Philadelphia residents his personal cause, do you think he's going to get the kind of endorsement deals a starting NFL QB can enjoy?? "I'm ashamed of the fans of this team and people of this city"... How would that play there, or anywhere? Compare it to Peterson telling reporters that his wife didn't like Minnesota, and I would assume Wentz would get at least 10x the hate Peterson did. He might generate anger near the Kaepernick level, within that city. And Wentz might have a Super Bowl winner as his backup next year, hardly a recipe for popularity.
Don't put this on Wentz, he didn't throw any punches.
i am not putting it on him.... I am saying he is in a position to try and bring about change.  its not going to fix itself,  somebody in a position of influence needs to step up.  Maybe Carson could start in the locker room and get all the players to agree to start calling out poor fan behavior.  the offenders arent going to turn on their whole team.  The kid is pretty golden there,  even the dumbest fan knows that they arent where they are if it was Foles all season.  

Quote: @HappyViking said:
This letter was in Fargo's local fish wrap today.  He's calling out Carson:

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/letters/4...hink-again
Kind of a stupid shallow take, probably brought on by some bitterness from the loss.  It isn't Carson's job to rein in the fans.  In fact, if he tried, he would likely be turned on and treated the same.  This fan base relishes being vile.  And there are many similar fans in other stadiums, but in Philly, it is a sort of sick pride. 

These are the people that booed their own QB before he set foot on a field.  You think Carson could change their behavior?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Apparently, Case's family didn't have very much fun at the game either.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikin...gles-fans/
Wow, there might be a few good ones, but darn few.

Quote:Several fans in Philadelphia have been donating money
to the charity of Vikings coach Mike Zimmer as a way to apologize for
the actions of some of the rowdier fans. So far, a total of $7,000 has
been raised.
What did MN fans raise for the Moorstad's charity?  $150k?

Quote: @greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
Apparently, Case's family didn't have very much fun at the game either.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikin...gles-fans/
Wow, there might be a few good ones, but darn few.

Quote:Several fans in Philadelphia have been donating money
to the charity of Vikings coach Mike Zimmer as a way to apologize for
the actions of some of the rowdier fans. So far, a total of $7,000 has
been raised.
What did MN fans raise for the Moorstad's charity?  $150k?
I read it was over 200,000 in one report. 

$7000 is a nice gesture,  but i am pretty sure the city of Philly collected more by picking up all the beer cans that were thrown at Viking fans and recycling them.

I keep wondering how Eagle fans are going to act in Minneapolis.  It is one thing to act like an idiot in your own home but will they act this way at someone else's stadium.  Also, what is going to be the response of the Minneapolis police and security.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I keep wondering how Eagle fans are going to act in Minneapolis.  It is one thing to act like an idiot in your own home but will they act this way at someone else's stadium.  Also, what is going to be the response of the Minneapolis police and security.
They are cowards,  no way they act out unless they have great numbers and the security of their city.  

I would like to go over there and ask every person in green if they are from philly and proud of their fan base and as soon as they say yes... chuck a beer can at their throat.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I'm guessing none of those obnoxious idiots will be making the SB.  I'd bet those that can afford the trip probably aren't running with the crowd chuckin' beer cans at Viking fans.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:
They are cowards,  no way they act out unless they have great numbers and the security of their city.  

I would like to go over there and ask every person in green if they are from philly and proud of their fan base and as soon as they say yes... chuck a beer can at their throat.
Wouldn't that be the type of behavior that you are mad about ?

From the Minnesota Vikings Fans Facebook feed...

[Image: 26166778_10210906157877660_7990684447317...e=5AE122AF]
Jason Venjohn shared Brett Hoover's
to the group: Minnesota Vikings Fans.
· 11 hrs ·
Another Philly case, someone needs to get a hold of their governor, major or Rodger Goodell before someone gets killed, enough of this crap
[url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1504504946333682&set=pcb.1504505343000309&type=3]
Brett Hoover added
· Scottsdale, AZ ·
Well, I think I have made a new friend. Someone I seem to have a lot in common with. He lives in Palm Springs, California and has a boat in Dana Point.
Always ...good to meet new and enjoyable people. His name is Scott.
I met him at the Vikings game in Philedelphia.
However, when someone (an Eagles fan, who neither of us knew) walked over and sucker punched him and knocked him out cold, (because he had a Vikings jacket on...yes that's why), of course I had to bend over and help him up and make sure the guy was o.k.
To make a long story short, next thing I know, I was in the hospital in Philedelphia.
I want to thank my brother Shawn Hoover for coming to our rescue (he tried to defend us but the coward ran after he cheap shotted us), Shawn even stayed in the hospital with me (on the floor) so that I wouldnt be alone. I would also like to thank Emma Jane for taking care of me today, she is super sweet.
Also, American Airlines were awesome! They let both of us change our flights so I could get back to have emergency surgery (when I fell I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore the legiments from the bone, broke 2 front teeth, black eye and of course several other bruises). They even reserved an entire row for me to lay out on. Awesome customer service!

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@ThunderGod said:

Wouldn't that be the type of behavior that you are mad about ?
really you think?  of course it is,  everybody says its nobodies job to call the behavior out and try to change the culture in philly...

if nobody is willing to take a stand... then I say take an eye,  perhaps if those proud eagle fans see it happening to their fans then they might have some introspect on the matter.  (of course they wont because i wont,  but it sounds fun)

FUCK PHILLY FANS--- make Oakland fans look like choir boys.