Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles re-sod field for the game
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0746054828483943274-4

The Eagles decided to re-sod the field in front of Sunday's NFC title game against the Vikings. It was a bit slick in spots last week vs. the Falcons. Not the first time they've re-sodded this year. "The field is in great shape," said coach Doug Pederson.

So everyone will be slipping around on turf that isnt secured to the ground?

Not sure why these statiumds don’t have the fake stuff.

Good. They won't know any better than our guys where the slick areas are now.

i am trying to figure out how they get the sod to anchor down this time of year, even with a heated bed I dont think you would get the root zone to grow much in a few days, nevermind the lack of direct sunlight to stimulate the growth..... thats a lot of crazy glue!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
i am trying to figure out how they get the sod to anchor down this time of year, even with a heated bed I dont think you would get the root zone to grow much in a few days, nevermind the lack of direct sunlight to stimulate the growth..... thats a lot of crazy glue!
1 game, doubt they care about anchor.  Just will be a thick cut and will look nice, but still not a great field.  Won't be slick, but it will probably be slow.  Hope we bring all sorts of cleats.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
1 game, doubt they care about anchor.  Just will be a thick cut and will look nice, but still not a great field.  Won't be slick, but it will probably be slow.  Hope we bring all sorts of cleats.
Problem with partial resodding is that you then up with two different track conditions.  I know it's the same for both teams but it usually seems that you get a sloppy game because the players cleats don't work well on one of the 2 surfaces.

Opponents know the Vikes are a fast team and go to lengths to negate it.  Its part of homefield advantage.

Packers iced their field down prior to the last game.

This is a good thing
That field looked horrible last week
I'm sure the NFL had a hand in this decision & it will still be a slow go