Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, for crying out loud...

Classy move, sure, but even my Saints friend who loves everything about the team hates him and wishes they'd choose somebody who wasn't a trash person. She's from N.O., has friends and connections with that community, and says he's just an overall troubled guy. Hateful and pill-popper was I think how she described him.

He did a good thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to cover his ass for yet another PR mess.

Still a piece of crap! 

$25,000 is probably what the NFL said they were going to fine him for being a D-Bag!

Sean Payton makes over $8 million a year (as NO coach, not including any endorsements, TV shows, etc.). So paying $25,000 is 0.3125% of his annual income.  The median US salary is $44,148 a year.  That means Payton made the equivalent of the median person donating $138.  Color me unimpressed.

Nice move but he is still a jerk.

Quote: @"Scoog" said:
Sean Payton makes over $8 million a year (as NO coach, not including any endorsements, TV shows, etc.). So paying $25,000 is 0.3125% of his annual income.  The median US salary is $44,148 a year.  That means Payton made the equivalent of the median person donating $138.  Color me unimpressed.
I agree, but 25K is no small amount either. This is how rich people stay rich, and at the end of the day, it's smart. I respect what Bill and Melinda Gates are doing by giving it all (most) back AFTER they die.

Still, fuck that guy...

Sheesh... regardless of all of that, it was still a nice thing for him to do. He could have kept the money. He even cheered for the Vikes. Any moment can be the moment someone turns their life around. So, if he is a jerk... applaud him now to encourage him (and others like him) for doing the right thing. They just might like the way it feels to be complimented for doing good.

Payton said that he's now rooting for Zimmer and the Vikings to go all the way. 

Bastard. I was firmly in the 'hate his guts' camp.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
I agree, but 25K is no small amount either. This is how rich people stay rich, and at the end of the day, it's smart. I respect what Bill and Melinda Gates are doing by giving it all (most) back AFTER they die.
Still, fuck that guy...
hehehehee. there he is.  lol

The NFL should have banned all of the coaches of NO from ever being an employee on any level of the NFL...EVER... all coaches  were complicit with the "bounty"  all the players were aware....hey if someone came into my company and said..."we're gonna try to ruin your career" I'd turn them in to the authorities  and I'd  expect them to be thrown in jail! Maim them or just hurt them for penny's compared to a typical NFL players pay....why wouldn't the league kick all those involved out for life? ...ruining their careers...with intentions to do so? What an ugly stain and the integrity of the league is forever tarnished...for 1 team to win...the fans deserve better and should have gave up on the NFL! I will never get over that shit storm of refs allowing that they know was a stain on the NFL.