Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To beat Eagles, Case Keenum must cut down risky plays
Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
I personally think he’s the type of QB that everyone wanted for a while. There have been so many posts bashing Ponder, Bridgewater, and Bradford for not taking a risk and throwing the ball up there and letting recievers make a play. Also known as trusting the WR. 
Some of those are going to turn out bad. However, I’ll take a guy who is willing to do that and who makes a boneheaded play once in a while over the guy who consistently throws 3 yards short of the first down.
I think people are asking for perfection when no QB is perfect. I say watch enough Patriots games and you’ll have the WTF moments with Brady too.
I think Bradford and to some extent Teddy gets a bad rap for the short throws the last few years,   those were not dumped short for shits and giggles,  that was the game plan because our OL was so horrendous that really was the only offense we could rely on.  Especially for Sam last year down the stretch.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
I personally think he’s the type of QB that everyone wanted for a while. There have been so many posts bashing Ponder, Bridgewater, and Bradford for not taking a risk and throwing the ball up there and letting recievers make a play. Also known as trusting the WR. 
Some of those are going to turn out bad. However, I’ll take a guy who is willing to do that and who makes a boneheaded play once in a while over the guy who consistently throws 3 yards short of the first down.
I think people are asking for perfection when no QB is perfect. I say watch enough Patriots games and you’ll have the WTF moments with Brady too.
I think Bradford and to some extent Teddy gets a bad rap for the short throws the last few years,   those were not dumped short for shits and giggles,  that was the game plan because our OL was so horrendous that really was the only offense we could rely on.  Especially for Sam last year down the stretch.
And the offense was different as well.  I doubt any QB has a plan to throw short of the sticks on 3rd downs.  But as you say, our o-line was awful last year as well as a different offense.

One thing that Keenum understands (at least this season) is what is open in the NFL.  That means some of his plays look risky.  There's a name for QBs that don't take those risks, "Benchwarmer."

But yeah, he's also usually good for a bonehead play once a game.  Part of that probably comes from throwing to the NFLs best duo for contested catches.  That's also part of understanding risks.  Case can make throws to Thielen and Diggs that Tarvaris never should try to Ferguson and Bernard and all those other Chilly WR I've tried so hard to forget.