Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think the SKOL Chant is Cool? Check this Out
This is video taken from my iPhone from the press box.  This is the first official SKOL Chant of the day just before John Randle blew the horn.  In person, it is eerie, and intimidating.

Best team specific cheer I have ever witnessed.  It is almost eerie on video and one of the reason I really want to make it to a home game now. 

I never heard skol baby as much in my life as this year.  its unbelievable really.  the chant has caught on like crazy obvioucly too. nobody in Vikings marketing could have seen this coming. its part of Vikings personna now. probably forever.  

At my kids school they did it at lunch in the lunch room and apparently they are having a hard time keeping the kids quiet because they are walking around the hallways doing it. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I never heard skol baby as much in my life as this year.  its unbelievable really.  the chant has caught on like crazy obvioucly too. nobody in Vikings marketing could have seen this coming. its part of Vikings personna now. probably forever.  
only in their wet dreams would they have imagined it like this.  But whomever brought that in from the Icelandic soccer team (?) is a fricken genius.  Loved it since the first time I saw it on a video someone shared here.

Even the word "Skol" is being passed around.  People are identifying themselves as being for the Vikings with the word.  I have fellow workers located in New York who are using it.

I dont think having 'Vikings' on History channel being a hit hurts either.  There is definitely a new interest in the era-even GOT fans probably relate to the mythology more than the general public ever has.

I remember more than once over the years people asking what a Viking was.  I guess growing up in an area with that heritage and/or being of that heritage makes it hard to believe there is a significant population that didn't/doesn't know anything about Viking lore or actual history.

Now we got an entire island nation to join us, next with be England- kind of a reverse expansion 1500 years later.

Yeah, that is fricken cool!
Have to make it to a home game to be a part of that sometime.

Thanks for sharing Tom.

Quote: @LabGeek said:
Yeah, that is fricken cool!
Have to make it to a home game to be a part of that sometime.

Thanks for sharing Tom.
Save up and make it a reality next season...  the Stadium is AWESOME...  the SKOL chant kicks ASS...  and you'll be surrounded by Vikings fans...

What could be better than that!?!?!?!

BOOM

This is so cool!

My schedule has changed and next season I will be up for a game.

My wife wants to go to the Super Bowl, but I just don’t have the money this year for that. We may just come up and go to a bar close enough to downtown on Super Bowl Sunday.