Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh boy, another one....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
Fun to stare at for a while...
I can't do it...Not yet.

I am hopeful and me and my season tix crew have had a blast this season, but I can't think SB till/if CG. I will be hyperventilating on my way to stadium next Sunday. 
No doubt. I'm going to be one nervous hen from about mid-morning on Sunday of next weekend. 
3:40 CST kick-off...You got a lot of bloody mary's or Mamosa's to consume beforehand. One of our crew has a 2 story loft condo 6 blocks from the stadium. We'll be partying there before heading to the stadium. 

Looking to rent it for SB week - $10k a night (insert eyes wide open emoji here). 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I can't do it...Not yet.

I am hopeful and me and my season tix crew have had a blast this season, but I can't think SB till/if CG. I will be hyperventilating on my way to stadium next Sunday. 
No doubt. I'm going to be one nervous hen from about mid-morning on Sunday of next weekend. 
3:40 CST kick-off...You got a lot of bloody mary's or Mamosa's to consume beforehand. One of our crew has a 2 story loft condo 6 blocks from the stadium. We'll be partying there before heading to the stadium. 

Looking to rent it for SB week - $10k a night (insert eyes wide open emoji here). 
Awesome, great proximity to the stadium at your buddy's loft. Should be fun!

I have a 7:00 am flight out for business travel the next day, but screw it: Vikings win and I'll be hung like a mofo (wife says I already am! Smile )

@MaroonBells said:
I can't do it...Not yet.

Really looking forward to watching the WC games this weekend, and I never watch other teams play anymore.
Yeah, games take on a whole different energy in the playoffs, don't they? I've been to 3-hour tailgates in the regular season where the topic of football rarely comes up. In the playoffs, everyone's on edge. Nervous, excited, focused on the Xs and Os. 

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I can't do it...Not yet.

Nice! Kicking myself about not buying something there. Thought seriously about it, gathered a lot of information, but in the end decided I couldn't afford it. I'm sure they're worth about twice what they were going for at the time. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The guy who shot and killed Bin Laden picked the Vikings to win. 
He blew the gjarllhorn earlier this year and the crowd went wild. This is such an awesome time as a fan. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I can't do it...Not yet.

Really looking forward to watching the WC games this weekend, and I never watch other teams play anymore.
Yeah, games take on a whole different energy in the playoffs, don't they? I've been to 3-hour tailgates in the regular season where the topic of football rarely comes up. In the playoffs, everyone's on edge. Nervous, excited, focused on the Xs and Os. 
NFL is unique vs the other pro sports with a one game you move on or die...Thats what makes winning so sweet and losing so devastatingly final, quick and startling at times. I really had the wind out of my sails for like a week after 98. 09 wasnt a cake walk, but not as hard on me - maybe cause I was 10 years wiser Wink Still sucked getting that close 

If it's hard to beat a team twice in a year, I like Carolina's chances of beating the Saints.  Sooner or later, blind squirrel finds nut deal.  3 wins in a row against a playoff team is a TALL task.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I can't do it...Not yet.

Nice! Kicking myself about not buying something there. Thought seriously about it, gathered a lot of information, but in the end decided I couldn't afford it. I'm sure they're worth about twice what they were going for at the time. 
That new East Side of downtown took off like crazy when they got smart and evolved the zoning laws. What used to be the startribune building, huberts, the dome and a sea of parking lots is now USB, Condo's, apartments, a park, business bldgs and more and more condo's/apts. Trader Joes is in and Whole Foods too. 

Average price of new condo down there is over $600k now...Not saying that's right cause I'm all for affordable housing, but there's the answer to your question lol. 

Quote: @AllBS said:
If it's hard to beat a team twice in a year, I like Carolina's chances of beating the Saints.  Sooner or later, blind squirrel finds nut deal.  3 wins in a row against a playoff team is a TALL task.
Actually...  I just read somewhere that there have been 20 instances where a team has beat a team twice in the regular season and faced them a 3rd time.  The teams that went 2-0 actually won the third game 13 out of 20 times to get the hat trick...