Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Know Viking Fans Hate Joe Buck, But....
A Norseman's grudge can be as long as his ship or as short as his beard

Quote: @StickyBun said:
LOL, for those that think Joe Buck is a 'bad person'. He's not. He's an announcer and has opinions like anyone else. If you met him personally, you'd probably love to have a glass of wine with the dude and hang. 

I never said he was a bad person. All I said is he is a Packers fan.

I think he should come out and acknowledge that he wasn't aware of the fans mooning the bus and Moss was just returning the favor.  

They’re the one announcing crew I actively dislike.  For whatever reason it seems like they get
all our big games and they have a huge man crush on whatever team we’re
playing.  I don’t really mind most of the
game they call, but I just can’t get over the man crushes.  It’s like watching your ex flirting with
other guys in front of you.  Maybe you
don’t think any of the parties involved are horrible people, but you still don’t
want to be there.

He'll have his chance to make amends in a few weeks.  Smile 

He was great on Brockmire.  Absolutely fantastic.

They always have a ten minute prelude before a game and usually discuss each team for 5 minutes.  Whenever Cosell called a game with the Vikes in it he spent ten minutes discussing the other team, glorifying them and at the very end he would add,
 “And tonight they are playing the Minnesota Vikings.”.
 Game after game he did that.  It used to drive me nuts lol.  Teams success and popularity was measured by how many MNF appearances you got.  The Vikes could go for years without a MNF game.

Joe Buck probably is a nice guy.  Its like I told my daughter when she started daiting.  Just because a guy is nice to you doesnt make him a good guy.  Of course he is going to be nice to you.  But listen to what he says, how he traits the waitress or waiter etc.
For what ever reason, Buck ( and fuck Troy Aikman) seem to talk up the other team all night long.  You would think they dumped water on him!  

Add in the mooning incident and his nice guy status moot.

(I get extra points for using moon and moot in the same sentance?)

[Image: 1utzfw.jpg]

[Image: ktzjbls3fvk1.jpg]