Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Athletic's Sports Person of the Year: Case Keenum

Pretty cool piece. Nice couple. I have a feeling that Keenum is going to be wearing purple for awhile. 

Thanks for posting this, Sticky. Case's success is so very inspiring. Regardless of what anyone wants to say about him, he puts his head down and works, and I like his view on proving his supporters right rather than proving the doubters wrong. He is very deserved of this recognition. 

Case seems like a great guy. Plays hard, always smiling, makes plays, still isn't seeing open WRs at times and is just lobbing it up to guys at times, but has done well this year. Is he a product of Shurmur (similar to Koles?), that scares me. But he is a guy I will be happy with if we keep him.

“For me, I play more to prove people — like my wife who believes in me, right, the coaches who coached me growing up, the coaches who coach me now, my family members, my friends who believed in me — I play more to prove them right than I do to prove those naysayers wrong. Not that it doesn’t feel good to prove them wrong, it’s more about proving people right than proving people wrong."

I love this quote and it's such a great way to look at it. Focus on your supporters not the haters. I am super happy for him. It's clear that the majority of fans are on board. Congrats and kudos to Case for his perseverance.

Case has been a surprisingly great part of our success.  He deserves alot of credit and a hefty pay increase