Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer and Keenum ask for help from Vikings fans this Sunday...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Its a stupid crowd at USB sometimes...Like doing the dumbasz wave when the Vikings are on offense. 

I was so hoping the wave died with Metrodome. 
PF....what do you think of the Skol chant when you are at the stadium? Does it sound loud? It was decent at the Houston game last year, but it seems the fans are getting better at it?
I personally love the Skol chant...It's even starting to travel to enemy stadiums. I think its going to be part of the Vikings franchise persona on a forward basis. 

That said the crowd is still getting used to it and personally I think it's too slow early on. They could do it more often during a game too. All things that hopefully get ironed-out over time. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
Its a stupid crowd at USB sometimes...Like doing the dumbasz wave when the Vikings are on offense. 

PF....what do you think of the Skol chant when you are at the stadium? Does it sound loud? It was decent at the Houston game last year, but it seems the fans are getting better at it?
I personally love the Skol chant...It's even starting to travel to enemy stadiums. I think its going to be part of the Vikings franchise persona on a forward basis. 

That said the crowd is still getting used to it and personally I think it's too slow early on. They could do it more often during a game too. All things that hopefully get ironed-out over time. 

I agree that it is too slow early on as well.  But I love that it is catching on not only at US Bank, but on the road as well.   Smile

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Nichelle said:
Our crowd is pretty good at US Bank. The only times I remember crowd noise on offense is when there were too many fans from opposing teams sitting in the stands. The 3 seats next to mine are owned by a company. They give them away to clients so there's almost always someone different in the seats each week. And more than half of the time they're not Vikings fans. At the Packers game it was my duty to inform the guy sitting next to me in a Packers jersey that (per the update on my phone), Rodgers had a broken collarbone. It was a tough moment for both of us Smile

(That sounds mean....  It was more about the defeated look on the fan's face and his beautiful silence for the rest of the game)

Sunday is going to be LOUD LOUD LOUD!
Lol. I showed an obnoxious Packer fan a picture of Rodgers on the cart from my camera after he said I was making it up. The look on his face was priceless. It is going to be crazy loud on Sunday. It has been a while since the last time game, the crowd is going to be fired up. 

Too bad you couldn't collect the bitter tears streaming down his or her face...

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

if its done to often it loses its effect.   IMO it should be only at precise moments in the game.  once pre game, and maybe if the opposing offense gets pinned deep in their own territory later in the game.   other than that if it gets done to often to many people quit and by the time they try it later in the game it really sounds lame with only a couple thousand people scattered around the stadium participating.

as far as the speed.  I like the slow start.   imagine hearing it for the first time... 

boom boom  SKOL!

( one opponents says to the other... "what the fuck was that?" as they look around )
BOOM BOOM SKOL!!

("there it was again,  what the hell is that?")
BOOM BOOM SKOL!!!

("I cant get that shit out of my head")

BOOM BOOM SKOL!!!

("fuck it I quit")

and they punt it away Vikings Win.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I gave been to games where the home crowd hasn't shown the best timing for their chants.  I recall a game at TCF where the Vikes O were in the closed end  (the loud end) and they got that stupid Teddy chant going in spite of Teddy himself and others  trying to quiet them.

Bears game IIRC.

Agreed. If Teddy was on the field, I'd probably feel differently about the US Bank crowd. At TCF I kept trying to get people to be quiet while the offense was on the field but they were too busy chanting "Teddy! Teddy!" Ugh. For obvious reasons, that hasn't been the case at US Bank.
Also, they use screen prompts a LOT. "Quiet - Offense at work" seems to work pretty well when it's flashed on the video boards. People tend to shut up.

lol... I've been to 5 home games this season and luckily I only saw the wave once.
As far as the SKOL chant, I didn't love it at first. But now that the crowd has the hang of it, I think it works great, including the slow start. It has a nice build up.

To me it's pretty basic but how many times have you heard the announcers say that such and such team has smart fans
I get being excited, but come on...It's called  home field advantage for a reason

We need a special version of the skol chant for the Aaron Rodger’s Packers, something like Crunch Crunch Crunch... (the sound of breaking bones!)  Wink  B)

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Nichelle said:
Our crowd is pretty good at US Bank. The only times I remember crowd noise on offense is when there were too many fans from opposing teams sitting in the stands. The 3 seats next to mine are owned by a company. They give them away to clients so there's almost always someone different in the seats each week. And more than half of the time they're not Vikings fans. At the Packers game it was my duty to inform the guy sitting next to me in a Packers jersey that (per the update on my phone), Rodgers had a broken collarbone. It was a tough moment for both of us Smile

(That sounds mean....  It was more about the defeated look on the fan's face and his beautiful silence for the rest of the game)

Sunday is going to be LOUD LOUD LOUD!
Lol. I showed an obnoxious Packer fan a picture of Rodgers on the cart from my camera after he said I was making it up. The look on his face was priceless. It is going to be crazy loud on Sunday. It has been a while since the last time game, the crowd is going to be fired up. 

Too bad you couldn't collect the bitter tears streaming down his or her face...
I heard that's how Cleveland keeps their field so green,  it's watered solely with the tears collected from its fans on game day.
Must be using swamp grass.