Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ Laquon Treadwell putting wins above receptions
Before the season, Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell said he had some personal goals. He provided only a ballpark figure on his targeted number of receptions this season.
“Whether it’s 30, 50 catches, whatever,” he said.
With five games left in the season, Treadwell isn’t even halfway to 30. The second-year player has 14 receptions for 152 yards, but any frustration has been tempered by Minnesota’s 9-2 record.
“Of course I would love more targets,” Treadwell said Wednesday. “Of course I would love the ball in my hands, but we’re winning and things are going good, so you can’t fix what’s going right. You’ve just got to keep playing your role and be patient and just keep learning.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/29/vik...rtant-now/

Putting wins over receptions...

Lets hope so
That would put the team @ a 15 + win season or more

He has to he cannot get open

We appreciate your sacrifice.

Some fans keep making excuses for Treadwell, yet when Wright gets crumbs of playing time, he gets catches and makes plays. Treadwell with so much more playing time does squat. Like he has any other choice but to value the wins more.

I'll say this, some WRs make the jump year 1 to year 2, others year 2 to year 3...others a bit longer...more don't ever make the jump...I'd be willing to bet we are more top heavy in WR#1 and WR#2 getting a high % of balls thrown their way than most...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
.I'd be willing to bet we are more top heavy in WR#1 and WR#2 getting a high % of balls thrown their way than most...
PRobably true, otoh it may not be quite that tilted if Tready had shown something (anything) up till now. And yah, I do recall an era where most WR's were given 3 seasons to curate. 

It's possible he'll still blossom into something worthwhile. Sure would be good for the organization if he did. But done holding my breath. I'm moving to forgetting about him all together. 

It was probably a reach to the degree we had not seen since Ponder.