Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions player: "Refs Cheated Me"
He was so offsides on the play the score keeper never even changed the score on the broadcast after the "TD."  Usually the TV score keeper adds the 6 points then lets the refs take it away.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its just such a stupid thing to say and believe. Its blatantly obvious and verified on video. This is a big reason why I don't buy into many things players say or believe about the game, although you'd think they'd have great insight. Some don't. Some are just idiots. Like any other segment of the population. Some are smart with common sense and other are dipshits, like in this instance. Its not even whining, its just stupidity and refuting reality. 

Its a weird response.
Like when Baldwin convinced Carrol to challenge that call last week.  Players are typically overconfident in their abilities.  But this case, slay is just being willfully ignorant.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
Today's games appear to have quite a few bad calls as well...  Watching GameDay Live highlights and they've shown a handful of penalties with the guys saying they don't see anything.  One was an unnecessary roughness on a Bills player on an open field tackle where he barely touched the guy. Another was a punt return td for Cleveland I think called back for a 'block in the back' on a guy against the punter...  He hit the punter face to face and the punter fell and spun head first to the ground.  I get player safety and all but they're throwing flags far too often for standard, legal hits.
I watched that Bills game and everyone was laughing @ that invisible decapitation, mainly because there wasn't any bodily contact as the defender went out of his way to avoid him
Was waiting for the ref to say " he looked like he had bad intentions"
 :/ 
What a bunch of bunk & with all our technology wasted too---

Quote: @Maple Surple said:

Was waiting for the ref to say " he looked like he had bad intentions"
 :
I thought that same thing!  Fans are already upset with so many ticky-tack personal fouls but it would go to another level if they start throwing flags for intent, and stating that reason.