Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something smells in Seattle part 2
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...le-in-loss

Yes I know they were missing two big players on D.  But still, this is my general thoughts on the team
Quote:Former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi described the Seahawks' defense Monday as "a former boxing champion that knows how to fight but does not have any fight left in them."
Carrol is making stupid calls, fake FG, going for it at the end only to change his mind and send out a flaky kicker.  Just an awful challenge to waste a critical time out.  They are falling apart IMO.  They still have talent, but they don't have the swagger.  Their defense only wants to play part time.

It seems like they are trying to regain an edge they can't quite get back. I root actively against Seattle, obviously, but I find myself mesmerized sometimes by the play of Russell Wilson. I don't want any part of Seattle in the playoffs.

It will make my day to see them miss the playoffs.  They have the experience and if they figure out the swagger on D, they would be tough.  Wilson is crazy with his Fran Tarkenton impersonations. 

But something is just off.  They give up so many points or plays on D and then try to turn it on right at the end. 

I gotta admit, I've been a smug SOB around here since they got Walsh, and he (initially) looked back to old form...while I just chuckled and said "karma's a-comin'".

It's tasted pretty damned delicious.

Down three players...it would be tantamount to us being down Rhodes, Smith, and Everson...

So on Sunday, after Forbath's second miss a seahawk fan/coworker sent me a message asking if I was missing walsh.  I laughed and said no thanks.  But last night I rereplied and simply said NOPE.

I enjoy watching them suffer a bit.

Seattle certainly looks a lot less scary right now.
And Atlanta just seems somewhat inept to me. What was going on with their kick coverage? They would be better off just kicking the ball out of bounds and taking the penalty. 
The Atlanta kick returner fails to field the kick and gives Seattle the ball back at the 10. Just pick it up and step out of bounds.
Seattle runs the same screen pass 17 times and it works 17 times. Don't that have a defensive HC?
The defense jumps off-sides on the last two drives giving Wilson 2 free plays one of them goes for a TD with 3 minutes to play.
Up 11 with 3 minutes to go and Seattle has one T.O. left and Atlanta lets them score a TD in about 50 seconds. You just know the 2-point conversion is automatic. Atlanta is having visions of the SB and NE. They were done. The only thing that could save them now are (1) Pete Carroll doing something crazy (again) or (2) Blair Walsh. 
We should not lose to Atlanta. I don't care where we play them.