Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford’s knee scoped
Stem cell injections are spooky awesome, but will do nothing if 'particulates' and spurs are present.
It's likely Sam needed this clean-up months and months ago.
If he still has a meniscus, he could make a full recovery in time for the postseason.

Quote: @"kahsmick" said:
Stem cell injections are spooky awesome, but will do nothing if 'particulates' and spurs are present.
If he still has a meniscus, he could make a full recovery in time for the postseason.
hasnt it been reported that he is bone on bone already?  wouldnt that indicate an absence of a meniscus?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I wonder if they kept him viable to return until they knew Teddy was for sure coming back?  Could he have played with an injection if needed?
Very likely.  The team most likely asked him to get the procedure done now as well.  The timing is too perfect to be coincidental.

Almost makes you wonder what the first prognosis was when Sam went down to Florida.
If Sam had bone work done. I really wonder how ready he will be in 8 weeks.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"kahsmick" said:
hasnt it been reported that he is bone on bone already?  wouldnt that indicate an absence of a meniscus?
No, Zimm said today it was not bone on bone...

Sounds worn but fixable to me.
A meniscus can partially collapse or tear.
Stem cells can often fix that up like new.
Doctors wait to see if crumbles and irregularities remain to cause issues, but they don't dig around looking for small stuff during procedure for many reasons.
Sam may be back during playoffs, IMHO.

Honestly, when you listen to Zimmer or Spielman talk about Bradford, they gush. IMO, they feel Bradford is the best QB on the roster. A shame he got injured.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Honestly, when you listen to Zimmer or Spielman talk about Bradford, they gush. IMO, they feel Bradford is the best QB on the roster. A shame he got injured.
After last year, I really thoughts Sam's knee problems were in the rear view mirror. What a shame. Now the Vikings have to find a way to gauge #5 and probably draft another QB next year after spending a #1 on Sam. 

Its the Viking way...

I read somewhere that Sam was not bone on bone. "which was good" If they done micro-fracture work on his knee I highly doubt he will be back as bone takes a while to heal.  

Quote: @"Norse" said:
I read somewhere that Sam was not bone on bone. "which was good" If they done micro-fracture work on his knee I highly doubt he will be back as bone takes a while to heal.  
Zimmer said it wasn't bone on bone in his PC.