Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here REALLY EXPECT Bridgewater to start Sunday?
Quote: @PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PapaScott said:
Here's the article.   http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-features/seehafer-on-zach-miller-teddy-bridgewater-and-dislocated-knees/
It’s been estimated that approximately 19 percent of players who suffered a lower-velocity knee dislocation — often lacking neurovascular compromise — returned to their prior level of sport.

If a player is able to return to their prior level of play, they are at an increased risk of significant knee injuries — both acute and chronic — and have a 50 percent increased risk of developing osteoarthritis.
As for Bridgewater, who could come off the physically unable to perform list within the next few weeks, the research serves as a cautionary tale. Anybody with a heart and who is a fan of football is pulling for him to return to action and succeed, but getting back on the field, although it would be a major triumph, is only the beginning. He will forever have an elevated risk for suffering another knee injury, not only in his involved knee but also his uninvolved.

It’s imperative that the Vikings and Bridgewater continue to be cautious with his return, putting him back under center only when he and his knee are truly ready, whether that be this season or next.

Bridgewater did not experience any arterial or nerve damage, according to the Vikings.
where does it say artery or nerve damage?  I never said that.  
This was a rare and Very significant knee injury and a non-contact injury at that. 
yes.... but after the dislocation was dealt with (immediately) it essentially was a bunch of torn ligs and cartilage... like many other knee injuries.  if he had suffered the nerve and arterial damage it would have been much less likely for him to return and would have been a bigger deal,  but fortunately he didnt have those issues to overcome so i am saying it wasnt nearly as bad as you want to think it was.
whatever.  I'm not making up the significance of the injury or wanting to think it was worse.  Teddy is lucky it was not worse, but since it was not worse does not limit the significance of the injury nor the complications from the injury and further probability of future setbacks to the injury or future injury to the non effected knee as described in the article.  what Teddy escaped was leg amputation there is no overcoming that to play football.   How can you just blow the injury off, his knee dislocated dropping back to pass with no contact.  Knee dislocations are rare.
i didnt blow anything off... you are getting nuts with your dooms day outlook based on a dire worst case scenario of an injury when Teddy (luckily) wasnt nearly as injured due to immediate medical attention.  its a fortunate situation for Teddy and the team,  but after the initial scare... the reality is that he had a few torn  ligaments and some other damage to clean up which isnt all that uncommon in many non dislocated knee injuries.   his future prognosis is likely not much worse than any other athlete that has had multiple torn ligs and similar damage.   again... his leg did not fall off.

What if Case has a bad game?  It very well could happen like he did against Pit and at home against the Lions.  Would Teddy be ready to play in the 3rd quarter?  Sounds like Zim thinks he'd be ready to go.  I don't want Case to play crappy, but having Teddy there may cause Zim to attach a leash to Case.  That leash could very well get shorter and shorter as Teddy gets more comfortable with the offense.

I'd fully support Zim if he decided to start Teddy, actually.

Come on Jimmy, you call me out for exaggerating him not playing for 2 years.  which in reality is a full season of play plus 8 games (regular season) if you want to count preseason and training camp that fine, but not really an exaggeration on my part.  Now you think I'm going nuts? and a dooms day outlook?  The worse case scenario would have been for him to lose the leg, but hey he didn't so it's no big deal, just a regular injury.  Players didn't not puke, he was never in danger of losing the leg, it's just like any other injury.   I'm being "railed" on for doubting that he will be activated and return to play and being asked on what basis I'm coming up with my doubt and I'm responding to that.  Teddy has exceeded my doubt.

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Come on Jimmy, you call me out for exaggerating him not playing for 2 years.  which in reality is a full season of play plus 8 games (regular season) if you want to count preseason and training camp that fine, but not really an exaggeration on my part.  Now you think I'm going nuts? and a dooms day outlook?  The worse case scenario would have been for him to lose the leg, but hey he didn't so it's no big deal, just a regular injury.  Players didn't not puke, he was never in danger of losing the leg, it's just like any other injury.   I'm being "railed" on for doubting that he will be activated and return to play and being asked on what basis I'm coming up with my doubt and I'm responding to that.  Teddy has exceeded my doubt.
you win....have a nice day Scott.

Simple, we just need a couple of blow out victories, so we can get Teddy ready! Play him & get him some live reps...   B)

Quote: @Kentis said:
Simple, we just need a couple of blow out victories, so we can get Teddy ready! Play him & get him some live reps...   B)
That would be great, but got me thinking when was the last time we pulled a QB ...because he was doing great ?

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
@Kentis said:
That would be great, but got me thinking when was the last time we pulled a QB ...because he was doing great ?
first you remind me the last time we had a qb do "great"?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Maple Surple said:
@Kentis said:
Game 1 this season... Wink

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Maple Surple said:
@Kentis said:
Game 1 this season... Wink
well its a good thing they didnt pull him early or we really wouldnt have gotten our 18 million dollars worth...