Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Texans kick the Kaepernick tire?
The irony of this whole situation is that the league that allegedly won't allow Kaep back in for his politics is simultaneously supporting his politics...the kneel downs continue on, right? Entire teams have done the kneel down. Our own team has done the 'stand with arms linked' version.
I'm no Kaepernick fan. I don't think he's that great of a player. However, I do think he is better than Brett Hundley, Deshone Kizer, Brock Osweiler, Jacoby Brissett and Tom Savage. Clearly, teams like the Broncos, Colts, and Browns could have benefited from having him on their roster in week 1(though didn't he balk at playing for the Browns?? lol)  
So, how bad of a player is Kaep, really?? If the league (Roger boy) continues to be vague and/or avoid any committing dialogue either way on the subject of the protests I'd say we'll never know. My own feelings for Kaep and the anthem protests aside, I'd have to say that if Kaep was a player on par skill-wise with a second tier dude like Cousins, Newton, Taylor, or Dalton, for example, he'd be playing (and protesting) right now in this QB driven league. So, there's that...