Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Thielen, other Vikings fired up after attending Premier League game
LONDON — Thanks to the Premier League, some Vikings players were extra fired up Sunday.
At least seven Vikings attended Arsenal’s 2-1 victory over Swansea City on Saturday in London. Wide receiver Adam Thielen bought an Arsenal jersey at the game that he proudly wore to the news conference following Minnesota’s 33-16 win over Cleveland at Twickenham Stadium.
“When I got to the Arsenal game and you can see how passionate they are about their sports and especially soccer, it kind of jacked me up” for Sunday’s game, Thielen said. “I was pumped up the whole game just because of the atmosphere. … (The fans) brought it over to (ours).”
Before 74,237 enthusiastic fans at Twickenham, Thielen caught five passes for 98 yards, including an 18-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter when he was wide open in the end zone after a Browns breakdown. Thielen then sent the crowd into a frenzy by celebrating with a soccer slide.
Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr called Thielen’s celebration “awesome,” and said, “I give him a 10 out of 10.”
“I’m a big soccer fan now after going to the Arsenal game,” Thielen said. “(The celebration) kind of goes back to going to that game. … When you’ve got fans that are that passionate about something, it’s kind of cool to show them, ‘Hey, I like soccer, too.’ ”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/29/ada...ague-game/