Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, what's the deal with this offensive line depth?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
The injuries are starting to pile up. Bye week can't get here fast enough. 
Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer 
Vikings O-Line took a beating yesterday, but Mike Zimmer doesn't think injuries to Jeremiah Sirles, Riley Reiff are "anything serious."‬ Danny Isidora played 29 snaps in place of Sirles while Rashod Hill filled in on 19 plays for Reiff. The left tackle's injury was less noticeable because there was no timeout for an injury.
Hopefully this means that we'll have both available for the game against the Browns.  If not, I feel Hill and Isidora played well enough that we should be good for one more game before the bye week.  Also, Reiff was still in his pads and was standing on the sidelines after he went out.  I think taking him out was more precautionary given the score and timing during the game.  If he was hurt worse, he would have been sitting on the sidelines or been back in the locker room.

any word on Sirles?  I thought it looked like an MCL myself.
Was wondering how you were doing when I saw Sirles got hurt... Smile
Funny,  have you watched hos play?  Much better than what we had from the startING guards last year.  And I would argue that he plays the spot better than Easton was doing.  The kid is a small mountain out there.

Yes, I like Sirles, but you have a special spot in your heart for the kid.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Yes, I like Sirles, but you have a special spot in your heart for the kid.
I like players that work hard and are overlooked by the average fan.  Not everybody is a natural athlete,  some have to really work at it and I appreciate those efforts more than that of a player who can get by on their physical gifts.

We have depth on this line like we haven't had in a decade. No lie. Isidora caught my eye during training camp. He was mentioned often as someone looking good during TC. I honestly think that he should be starting. Elflein I think just was obviously a good get from the beginning. I really, really like that kid and I think he's going to be an all-pro for years to come.
Sirles is someone that just always comes in when we need him. I really like him as well. We have great depth at guard.
Hill-Isidora-Sirles are all guys that easily could start for a lot of teams.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
We have depth on this line like we haven't had in a decade. No lie. Isidora caught my eye during training camp. He was mentioned often as someone looking good during TC. I honestly think that he should be starting. Elflein I think just was obviously a good get from the beginning. I really, really like that kid and I think he's going to be an all-pro for years to come.
Sirles is someone that just always comes in when we need him. I really like him as well. We have great depth at guard.
Hill-Isidora-Sirles are all guys that easily could start for a lot of teams.
It will be nice to go into a draft and not be pigeon holed to draft a certain position.  as of right now I think its fair to say that outside of QB we really dont have a pressing need to draft any position very early,  and QB could even be argued either way IMO.  as of today we could really let the draft come to us.