Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings QB Case Keenum expected to start after Sam Bradford sits out practice
Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford did not practice again Friday, putting Case Keenum in position to start Sunday against Baltimore at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Bradford is expected to miss his fifth game out of the past six with a knee injury. He has not played or practiced since Oct. 9 at Chicago, when he was ineffective and removed in the final minute of the first half after aggravating his injury.
Also not practicing Friday was Nick Easton (calf), who is likely to be replaced at left guard for the second straight game by Jeremiah Sirles. Returning to practice were wide receivers Stefon Diggs (groin) and Michael Floyd (hamstring), with both likely to be listed as questionable for Sunday.
Linebacker Anthony Barr, who suffered a concussion in the second quarter last Sunday against Green Bay and left the game, practiced for the second straight day.
Safety Andrew Sendejo has practiced all week after sitting out against the Packers. He is expected to play against the Ravens.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/20/vik...-to-start/

Hopefully we get at least one of the WRs back this week.  We're starting to get a little thin at WR.

The Vikings are one injury away from having a rookie UDFA who was brought in as a 'camp arm' to Broncos camp a few months ago and was a college WR 3 years ago. 

On the good side, looks like Barr and Sendejo are back.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The Vikings are one injury away from having a rookie UDFA who was brought in as a 'camp arm' to Broncos camp a few months ago and was a college WR 3 years ago. 
Shhhhh....you're not supposed to say that, only think it to yourself Wink

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

That has been the situation for a couple weeks now...  LOL

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

That has been the situation for a couple weeks now...  LOL
Yep, at least Sloter could have a fundamental grasp of the offense if he's called on compared to early September.

I have a feeling we'll see Teddy before we see Bradford...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
thats kind of where I am at these days.  we are well past the bone bruise window that we were given.  I dont think he agravated a bone bruise in the Chicago game so I have to think, considering the potential treatments that he has been rumored to be getting or looking into,  that what he is dealing with is much worse than a bruise.  I havent heard anything from him or the team that supports the "bone on bone" or arthritis that we have heard thrown around,  but its oddly quiet on the Sammy front.

That's what I'm thinking. It's sad what is happening to Sam but it is really not looking good for him. The roller coaster ride of qbs continues. Keenum is doing what he can for now. I like him. He is fiery. I don't like the throws that sail on him or his previous response when pressured by a good defense.

Hell, we could end-up with Keenum as the QB the rest of the year for all we know.

How Teddy can do in uncontrolled environments and if the dreaded swelling doesn't occur the next few weeks are key.

I am not in agreement with the Vegas odds giving the Vikings the lead in winning the North. Until our QB situation is resolved (aka Bradford or Bridgewater) I give the odds to the Lions. 

DERP