Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out Of Luck
Colts GM Chris Ballard said Andrew Luck has experienced soreness in his surgically-repaired right (throwing) shoulder and will not practice this week.
This qualifies as a significant setback, no matter how the Colts try and spin it. Luck practiced the past two weeks and appeared to be knocking on the door of playing sometime soon. He's now again out indefinitely, leaving Jacoby Brissett the starter for the next few weeks and further dropping the floors of T.Y. Hilton and Donte Moncrief. The Colts' bye week comes Week 11.
Source: Zak Keefer on TwitterOct 18 - 4:03 PM

The Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer conceded Wednesday he "wouldn't be surprised" if Andrew Luck (shoulder) missed the entire season.
Keefer's Indy Star colleague, Stephen Holder, also suggested Luck is no lock to play again this year following the setback in his surgically repaired shoulder. To put it frankly, the Colts lied to their fanbase. Owner Jim Irsay stated as late as the final week of preseason that Luck had a chance to play in Week 1, and the Colts activated Luck from the PUP list in what was perceived as a sign he would play inside the first seven weeks. None of those things happened, and the team is now claiming a setback. Luck should have been dropped in re-draft leagues long ago. At this point, we expect Jacoby Brissett to be the Colts' rest-of-season starter.

Damn, they'd be dropping like flies around the NFL...I cant remember a year with so many injuries to high profile players. The list of the injured each year seems to be accelerating like crazy. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Damn, they'd be dropping like flies around the NFL...I cant remember a year with so many injuries to high profile players. The list of the injured each year seems to be accelerating like crazy. 

I am not so sure this was a shock when it came to Luck though. I am not surprised at least. Plus, I don't think he has ever stayed on the field.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
This injury was from last year. He's just not healing. Not a great sign. Hasn't played a snap this season. 

Luck didn't miss a game in college, nor did he miss one his first 3 seasons as a pro...I guess some dudes like to throw stuff against a wall to see what sticks...

You have to wonder if it's just slow healing or if something else is going on. He was healthy before this injury. It's too bad. Looks like he is going to be down for a while.

Well, what did the Colts think, that they could be as blessed as Green Bay, going from one all-time great QB directly to another?

I've always thought Luck was very overrated as an NFL QB, but it still sucks to see him not able to return to the field.  You could at least tell he was a guy who left everything that he had out on the field.

Same repair that Chad Pennington had, Herm said it’s a 1 year recovery...