Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zulgad: Sam or Teddy?
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Can I see what's behind door number 3?

Teddy has a great preseason in 2016, BAM...blows up his knee...Bradford comes out game 1 in 2017 and looks like the #1 QB he was meant to be, BAM...goes out with a knee...at this point neither one appears to be a long termr answer...

Honestly at this point I'd move on from both and take a serious look at the two QBs most likely to hit the market next year: Cousins and Brees...we simply cannot sit back and let that D put another year's mileage on that tread without a serious QB behind center...

Would certainly love to hear Sloter is tearing shit up running the scout team...So far, crickets...
Yeah, I think Minnesota has to draft a QB next year. In what round is the question. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Teddy has a great preseason in 2016, BAM...blows up his knee...Bradford comes out game 1 in 2017 and looks like the #1 QB he was meant to be, BAM...goes out with a knee...at this point neither one appears to be a long termr answer...

Honestly at this point I'd move on from both and take a serious look at the two QBs most likely to hit the market next year: Cousins and Brees...we simply cannot sit back and let that D put another year's mileage on that tread without a serious QB behind center...

Would certainly love to hear Sloter is tearing shit up running the scout team...So far, crickets...
Yeah, I think Minnesota has to draft a QB next year. In what round is the question. 
Well, depending on which juniors and rsoph declare, we could actually land a great prospect in round 2...it's still looking like a watershed type year despite Darnold coming down to Earth a bit...so much OL talent available...couple stud DL guys too...

Yah, I don't think there is any doubt we'll be drafting a qb next season. Now we just have to be patient, mindful and just let this season play out....Maybe there is still some magic out there for Viking fans to be enjoyed?

Never know...

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
@Vikergirl said:
Whatever happens with Sam and Teddy, we are going to be drafting a qb next year. It just seems like the most sensible thing to do because there are so many unknowns right now.
Not sure I agree.  At least not drafting one high.  If both Sam and Teddy wash out, Keenum has shown some capability and Sloter is very intriguing.  So many 1st round QBs bust, why do we need to reach for one, when the Keenum is reaching his prime, and Sloter is a big prospect.

I think, now with Sam's knee, Teddy gets every shot to be the guy.  Hope he is, but we are not bare in the cupboard anymore at this position.
It just reminds me of the adage that if you have 2 quarterbacks, you have none. I fear we have 2 QBs who will spend a lot of their remaining careers dealing with knee issues. As for Keenum and Sloter, they are both longshots to be good long-term starters.

It's surprising how many people are suggesting we draft a QB, maybe very high, and start over. Faith in either Sam or Teddy has really faded. But if the team decides identifying a new QB is their top priority, will they count on current management to find that QB? Kind of a spotty record, especially if (I said IF!) the Bradford trade is ultimately scored as a failure.

@"BarrNone55" said:
Quote:

Wow. Brees would be Favre 2.0; Zimmer might like that idea, but it doesn't seem like Spielman's style. Cousins could be at the middle of a scary bidding war.