Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Don't spend it all at once Andrew W.
Andrew Wiggins signs $148 million contract extension with TimberwolvesRest easy, Wolves Nation: Young star Andrew Wiggins has signed that max $148 million contract that will keep him obligated to the Timberwolves through 2023.  
REPLAY: Watch Andrew Wiggins news conference
An agreement he talked about on media day weeks ago as practically done was finalized just five days before the Oct. 16 deadline to do so.
http://www.startribune.com/andrew-wiggin...450461023/

Congrats Andrew. That's very cool. 

count me a skeptical.   I have seen him play pretty good,  but I am just getting the feeling that this is going to be another mauer type deal.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
count me a skeptical.   I have seen him play pretty good,  but I am just getting the feeling that this is going to be another mauer type deal.
Hope not...Am hoping with Butler on the team, Wiggins is that much more effective. 

He's a nice scorer, but I saw on ESPN when they were focusing on the Timberwolves after the Butler trade that opponents "guarded" by Wiggins shot 56% from the field.  Basically he plays the same defense as air. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Hope not...Am hoping with Butler on the team, Wiggins is that much more effective. 
He seems to lack intensity or something.  I don't see making him a mega millionaire helping him find more focus or desire.  I don't know what the meet with Taylor was about,  but I don't know what could have been said to make me write that check.

Not so sure I wouldnt have kept Lavine and Dunn and sent Wiggins to Chicago for Butler.