Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings' Murray is now far more than a pricey insurance policy
Vikings' Latavius Murray, in Dalvin Cook's absence, is now far more than a pricey insurance policyThe free agent will move to the forefront with Dalvin Cook out. When Latavius Murray signed a three-year, $15 million deal with the Vikings in March, he effectively ended the Adrian Peterson era in Minnesota. A month later, when rookie Dalvin Cook slid to the Vikings in the second round of the NFL draft, Murray became an expensive insurance policy.
Now the Vikings need to cash in on Murray.
“I never want to be out there at the expense of somebody being injured,” Murray said after the Vikings’ 14-7 loss to the Detroit Lions on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium. “I’m disappointed and feel for [Cook].”
Cook went down on his 13th carry Sunday, dropping the ball and clutching his left knee immediately after planting it into the artificial turf. The Vikings fear Cook tore his anterior cruciate ligament, according to coach Mike Zimmer, which would end the dynamic rookie’s season before it really got going. Cook will have a magnetic resonance imaging exam Monday.
Zimmer admitted the Vikings will need to tweak the offensive approach without Cook, whose hot start — he is averaging nearly 5 yards per carry — stated his case for NFL Rookie of the Year. Cook amassed 444 yards from scrimmage before going down.
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-latav...448980543/

who still thinks that we should have traded Murray after the first game?

Murray is no Dalvin Cook, that's for sure.  I've seen no explosion out of him this season...  I don't know if it is because he's only had a handful of rushing attempts each game or if that ankle is still holding him back...  but he looks like a leaner Matt Asiata to this point.

We need to give Murray a chance. He looked solid in the preseason and he really hasn't had many opportunities so far in the regular season. He's no Cook, but he's capable of 1,000 yards with good blocking and some balance. Vikes need to bring in another back tho.