Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I don't want to ring this bell....but I'm going to ring it a little bit
Sam absolutely crapped the bed against the Jets! Good defense, in London, Jones mid-game injury, got lit up... there were many factors going against him.

For us fans, this was in many ways the perfect scenario. We get to see if Sam can bounce back from laying an egg, and it didn't cost us a loss.

If he can't? Well that settles that. If he does? Look out league, we here!!!

(10-08-2024, 03:24 PM)comet52 Wrote: His completion % before and after he took the shot that knocked him out for a play tells us something.

4/5 prior 80%
10/26 after 38%

I think he was affected by it.

This.
I think there were multiple factors, including a strong Jets defense.  But this is a line in the sand.
I actually applaud the refs for calling the repeat DPI calls against Jefferson.  I could see their rationale..."you gonna keep interfering with him, we're gonna keep calling you on it".
I think they missed an additional one or two DPI against the Jets, but those could have been defined as marginal.

The Roughing the Punter penalty was bogus...that was overkill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(10-08-2024, 05:12 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: No,  no you werent.  Play calling as well as several other things we listed as possible issues.

Its not the play calling. Its the execution. Fans love to blame the play calling and live to defend their arguments with stats. This is Rodgers talking about B-Flo's scheme and why its so effective:

Aaron Rodgers on Brian Flores' defense:

"Very good scheme by him and the execution, obviously, is the most important thing. They have all the different looks with different guys, different spots. They can play (Cover) 2 Sky from it, they can play straight-up Tampa 2, they can play where the corners are the half-field players, they can bring everybody, they can play 1 high out of that, they can play 44 man out of that. They can do a lot of different things and it's a credit to how they practice and the flexibility they have with those players in those positions." (via
@PatMcAfeeShow

Its why KOC is looking for his QB to execute his gameplans the best: and that's going to be JJ McCarthy next year. B-Flo has his guys executing his gameplan at a high level, KOC needs his facilitator on offense at QB.

(10-09-2024, 12:56 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Its not the play calling. Its the execution. Fans love to blame the play calling and live to defend their arguments with stats. This is Rodgers talking about B-Flo's scheme and why its so effective:

Aaron Rodgers on Brian Flores' defense:

"Very good scheme by him and the execution, obviously, is the most important thing. They have all the different looks with different guys, different spots. They can play (Cover) 2 Sky from it, they can play straight-up Tampa 2, they can play where the corners are the half-field players, they can bring everybody, they can play 1 high out of that, they can play 44 man out of that. They can do a lot of different things and it's a credit to how they practice and the flexibility they have with those players in those positions." (via
@PatMcAfeeShow

Its why KOC is looking for his QB to execute his gameplans the best: and that's going to be JJ McCarthy next year. B-Flo has his guys executing his gameplan at a high level, KOC needs his facilitator on offense at QB.

it never one thing or the other, but the run plays behind a weak IOL, doesnt leave a lot of room for success. so if they are struggling to open holes on a run play between the tackles, that is execution, if the coach keeps trying to run between the tackles, despite the lack of success in doing so, then it becomes a play calling issue. calling runs between the tackles on first down is another issue IMO. If they have their base D in with their big DTs on the field... dont trust Bradbury and the OGs to spring the RB for a decent first down gain, if you cant run, then use the short yardage passing game like a run game to take away those DTs ability to keep you behind the chains. no its not this simple, but not everything has to be so damn challenging, I think sometimes the emotions of the game get to play callers as well and they tend to do things they would later say were not likely the best for the moment.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?