Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here was gassing Bo Nix before the draft?
Denver's supporting cast isn't good. Courtland Sutton is his only good WR, but he is a guy that thrives in the intermediate and deep part of the field. Two areas Nix has struggled to throw to in the NFL so far. His OL is banged up and the Payton running game isn't there to let his QB make short completions for easy first downs. 90% of Nix's throws are within 5 yds of the LOS and they are consistently behind on down and distance. Denver is 2-2 but it ain't because of the offense or anything Nix has done.

Nix hasn't been good but he has no weapons. Having said that I am not sure how successful he's going to be but I am happy he's not a Viking. Personally I was thrilled with how the draft unfolded because I always like JJM more than Nix.

I think Nix will come on strong as the season goes along. I don't see a huge ceiling for him but I think he can reach a starter-level floor. But right now not only is his supporting cast bad, it's inconsistent. Denver is trying out tons of RBs and TEs, so he's surrounded by new guys every week. Basically the opposite of what you'd want for a rookie QB. I'm surprised they're doing that to him but then again, I personally don't think Sean Payton is nearly as smart as Sean Payton thinks he is.

Wasn't surprised they beat the Jets. The Jets stink. I was surprised they beat Tampa.

Nix hasn't been good but he has no weapons. Having said that I am not sure how successful he's going to be but I am happy he's not a Viking. Personally I was thrilled with how the draft unfolded because I always like JJM more than Nix.

(Yesterday, 06:39 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: I was admittedly a big Bo Nix fan and thought he was the best, most likely choice for us.  I'm quite happy with JJM and I think JJM will have a long career in purple.

I too am a Nix fan.  

He did stuff at Oregon that was beyond the ability of Mariota and Herbert when they were there.

He was exceptional in preparation and game planning.

In Denver Nix doesn't have much around him on the field including coaching.