Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Super D-Coordinator Zimmer articles now?
Getting cooked by Danny Dimes. You have to love the sports media....crickets now with Z's D. LOL, Rex Ryan:

"You brought in a guy that was 29th in the league his last two years at Minnesota, the enthusiasm he brings when he left, that's the guy that's gonna inspire you?" Ryan said. "This can go really bad for Dallas."

https://www.newsweek.com/sports/nfl/rex-...er-1959971

Got zero love for Z after the blamefest article about his time in Minnesota. Bitter Betty can eat shit.

[Image: 01j6w1ryda6q6x34640g.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

His D played okay last night, I thought. But yeah a regime change down there after this season seems pretty likely. The game seems to have passed a lot of that generation of coach by (Zim, Mccarthy, Pedersen, Payton I hope). Others like the Harbaughs, Tomlin, Andy Reid are still doing well.

I'm not going to look back on Zimmer with fondness, I do feel for what he's had to endure personally. 

Maybe the Cowboys are playing up to their personnel and coaching? Maybe it just aint as good as everyone thought?

Lots of whispers of Belichek to Cowboys right now..

Giants only got field goals, can't win like that. As far as Zimmer goes, the Vikings have moved on. Zimmer has been through a lot of loss personally, I wish him well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post:

(Today, 05:43 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Getting cooked by Danny Dimes. You have to love the sports media....crickets now with Z's D. LOL, Rex Ryan:

"You brought in a guy that was 29th in the league his last two years at Minnesota, the enthusiasm he brings when he left, that's the guy that's gonna inspire you?" Ryan said. "This can go really bad for Dallas."

https://www.newsweek.com/sports/nfl/rex-...er-1959971

Got zero love for Z after the blamefest article about his time in Minnesota. Bitter Betty can eat shit.

[Image: 01j6w1ryda6q6x34640g.jpg]

Zimmer just needs to grow up.  I liked him early on, but somewhere along the line his insecurities popped up in the form of finger-pointing and pettiness.  He's probably just too dam old to be effective at this point, and he's certainly set in his ways in an unhealthy for him and those around him kind of way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

There is a time for everything and most people in visible positions (like an NFL or college coach) have their time in the sun.
I think the sun set on Zimmer in Minnesota after 2-3 years here. The dysfunction between him and Spielman was hinted at, but not aired out publicly until his interview with the Strib. His personality, attitude and cultural constraints (who he is) wasn't going to change...back then, or now.
His ways are no longer current. Not his fault, but I think his "Best Before" date has expired.
I don't think there is anything wrong with him being rewarded by spending full time on his farm in Kentucky these days.

(4 hours ago)Montana Tom Wrote: I don't think there is anything wrong with him being rewarded by spending full time on his farm in Kentucky these days.

Nobody is begrudging him that. He wants to coach again....so he's coaching. The farm isn't going anywhere. Zim could have kept his yapper shut but he let it fly in that article, blaming everyone but himself including former players. He's a red ass and his current D in Dallas isn't very good.

Yeah I hope he finds some peace sometime soon. It’s probably tough to be successful when you’re still holding onto a grudge that hard.

That said, whereas I might get some pleasure when a handful of actual horrible people falter, Zimmer doesn’t fall into that category for me.

Seemed like typical Zim. Bend but don't break. Kept the Giants out of the end zone, with Joseph scoring all their points.