Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Post: Darnold finally the QB other teams never let him become
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I know this is an unpopular opinion (not my first)...but, if Darnold proves himself to be truly sync'd with the offense and the culture through a deep playoff run this season...I think extension should be on the table. We drafted JJM high, and have high hopes, but Sam's proving it in actual games.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

(29 minutes ago)Zanary Wrote: I know this is an unpopular opinion (not my first)...but, if Darnold proves himself to be truly sync'd with the offense and the culture through a deep playoff run this season...I think extension should be on the table. We drafted JJM high, and have high hopes, but Sam's proving it in actual games.

Well, as the Purple King's #1 fan, I don't like it....lol Wink But I also understand it would have to be a consideration, zero doubt about it. A deep playoff run and Sammy keeps looking really good? Yeah....would have to be some strong offseason evaluations and discussion about the go-forward strategy. As we stand now, I think 100% the plan is this is McCarthy's team next year. But sustained excellence in a real way for Darnold, and that's what it would have to be, keep moving that bar up for himself AND the team. They'd have to win a lot of games. But I don't see it happening to a level of sitting JJM another year.