Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can see the scenario where Nailor gets resigned, Addison allowed to move on....
I love Addison, but Nailor (if he can stay healthy) is an easier resign and what are you losing? A little, yes. But not much. He'll also keep his ass out of trouble. Jalen Nailor is healthy at exactly the right time. Jefferson's contract is going to preclude you from giving any major money to another WRer, but Nailor is going to hit the sweet spot.

If people don't know why they call Nailor "Speedy"... check out the replay of JJ's 97 yd TD. That's Nailor flying in to seal off the last 49er defender so JJ can beat him to the pylon. Was about 20 yds behind the play. That's team football right there.

BOOM
[-] The following 3 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(09-16-2024, 10:26 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: If people don't know why they call Nailor "Speedy"...  check out the replay of JJ's 97 yd TD.  That's Nailor flying in to seal off the last 49er defender so JJ can beat him to the pylon.  Was about 20 yds behind the play.  That's team football right there.

BOOM

Still don't think he was quicker than that ref who was absolutely hauling ass down the field.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheWinterSKOLdier's post:

I saw most of Addison's games at USC and would not have drafted him, all the talent in the world, but he often faded at the end of the season and was always banged up.

(09-16-2024, 10:29 AM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: Still don't think he was quicker than that ref who was absolutely hauling ass down the field.

LOL

We need some Next Gen Stats to see if Nailor or the ref hit the top speed on that play.  :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

I disagree with the premise about affording receivers.  You can't afford not to have two stud receivers in today's NFL, and a third high quality receiver is almost a must, given the attrition of a 17-game season.  The draft is a cheaper option if you were to not re-sign Addison.  That said, I do thing the Vikings will think long and hard about re-signing Addision  -- he appears to have at least two strikes against him, and his slight build leads to injury-prone concerns.  However, you would be "trading" him for a guy in Nailor who has even bigger injury-prone concerns.
__PRESENT

Too early to be having this conversation. Let’s reconvene in year 4 of Addison’s career.
[-] The following 3 users Like medaille's post:

I can see it as well. The problem is that I think Addison is very VERY good WR, and an elite level WR2. With contracts it's all about timing. Can we afford to pay Jefferson, Hockenson AND Addison? I think we can if the QB is still on the rookie deal. After that, all bets are off.