Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh
The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
The point is moot now due to the injury, but sounds like @Vikings QB J.J. McCarthy was A LOT closer to starting than people think, per @BenGoessling via @AccessVikings
Goessling somewhat admits he was wrong too ?

“I heard some things over the weekend that made me think the JJ. McCarthy development had moved up enough that it didn't seem like anybody was going to have reservations about putting him on the field this year. I think I had thought at the beginning of the year, hey, if he has to sit a whole year, they'd probably be okay with that. I think they still would have been okay with that. But I think he had done enough that they thought we could play him a little sooner if we needed to do it.”

[Image: mark-wahlberg-smh.gif]

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

We can't worry about what happened in the past. It's in motion and it speaks well for the future of the franchise. There's a reason the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

I would not have been surprised to see him start from game 1. I could have easily seen him building upon his first pre season game and with all the great reports of him in practice, he may have made it difficult for them not to start him. Also, while the reports on Darnold are not negative, they do not seem to be overglowing as you would think you would hear in the pre season especially with him being the clear starter for the past two weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

Well yeah. Goessling isn't really saying anything we don't already know. I think KOC went from thinking full on red-shirt year to thinking he could put him in as early as the bye if Darnold wasn't cutting it. But anyone who thinks McCarthy had a chance to be our week 1 starter (trust me, they're out there), that was never going to happen.
[-] The following 4 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(08-28-2024, 10:22 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Well yeah. Goessling isn't really saying anything we don't already know. I think KOC went from thinking full on red-shirt year to thinking he could put him in as early as the bye if Darnold wasn't cutting it. But anyone who thinks McCarthy had a chance to be our week 1 starter (trust me, they're out there), that was never going to happen.

Agreed....that was never going to happen.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Rookie QB Week 1 report is in:
?No. 1 pick: Caleb Williams starts vs Titans
?No. 2 pick: Jayden Daniels starts at Bucs
?No. 3 pick: Drake Maye backs up Jacoby Brissett.
?No. 8 pick: Michael Penix backs up Kirk Cousins
?No. 10 pick: J.J. McCarthy on injured reserve
?No. 12 pick: Bo Nix starts at Seattle

(08-29-2024, 08:26 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Rookie QB Week 1 report is in:
?No. 1 pick: Caleb Williams starts vs Titans
?No. 2 pick: Jayden Daniels starts at Bucs
?No. 3 pick: Drake Maye backs up Jacoby Brissett.
?No. 8 pick: Michael Penix backs up Kirk Cousins
?No. 10 pick: J.J. McCarthy on injured reserve
?No. 12 pick: Bo Nix starts at Seattle

Wise on the Pats part. Their hands were playing in the dirt there for a bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I just hope Darnold plays well, Flo likes all his new toys on d and jones has something left in the tank.

I want to enjoy 2024