OLB Owen Porter
OL Chuck Filiaga
OL Doug Nester
OL Matt Cindric
OL Spencer Rolland
DL Tyler Manoa
Minnesota also terminated the contract of the following player:
CB A.J. Green III

whats the difference between cutting and terminating a contract?

The first round like this generally bring zero surprises. Tomorrow before the 3 pm central deadline will bring harder decisions and more dramatic cuts/signings.

Any candidates for the practice squad in this group?
SKOL VIKINGS Tongue

(08-26-2024, 11:43 AM)The ghost formerly known as PG Wrote: Any candidates for the practice squad in this group?

Ibrahim and Hall would be 2 that I think I would like to see more from based on how little camp time they had an what I saw from them in the Philly game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(08-26-2024, 11:37 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: whats the difference between cutting and terminating a contract?

I am guessing that cutting a player keeps the door open for signing them to the Practice Squad, whereas terminating a contract means..."see ya"
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

I'm thinking McBride could be a PS candidate. Or the Vikings could replace him with another team's castaway. Owen Porter is possible too, but the Vikings have a lot of other young edge talent in Carter, Murphy and Richter who probably won't make the 53.

(08-26-2024, 12:08 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I'm thinking McBride could be a PS candidate. Or the Vikings could replace him with another team's castaway. Owen Porter is possible too, but the Vikings have a lot of other young edge talent in Carter, Murphy and Richter who probably won't make the 53.

Could be.  Ibrahaim might also.  They haven't had a lot of time to evaluate him.  There's always movement on Practice Squad.

(08-26-2024, 11:37 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: whats the difference between cutting and terminating a contract?

A terminated contact means a vested(veteran) player is free to sign w/ any team w/o clearing waivers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kentis's post:

For a team predicted to have just 5 or 6 wins, there are a # of highly intriguing battles for the 53 shaping up.