Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know what I'm really looking forward to?
The new CFB Playoffs!!

Should be a blast...

[Image: CFP_Schedule_Announce_Graphic_Twitter.jp...format=jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

Waiting for Notre Dame vs Ohio State and then the stadium is hit by a meteor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post:

(08-20-2024, 04:47 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: The new CFB Playoffs!!

Should be a blast...

[Image: CFP_Schedule_Announce_Graphic_Twitter.jp...format=jpg]

Me as well. Going to make for great matchups we normally don't get to see. Lots of excitement with this playoff setup.

I got me a good deal @ BB on a 65" OLED for the downstairs.

Prepping the family room for fall and football season.

The MN State Fair (best in the country) starts tomorrow and the leaves are starting to change on the Maple trees.

Can't wait!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(08-21-2024, 09:16 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I got me a good deal @ BB on a 65" OLED for the downstairs.

Prepping the family room for fall and football season.

The MN State Fair (best in the country) starts tomorrow and the leaves are starting to change on the Maple trees.

Can't wait!!

Nice, man. The deals you can get on big screen TVs now is nuts. My main screen is a 75" Samsung we bought 6 years ago when we built the new house: not one issue with it and a great picture. Even the cheaper TVs have great screens. Go to Costco for the best deals on awesome TVs. I bought a cheap Spectre 45" inch for outside by the pool for like $180 at Costco and its still working well 3 years later....and this thing has to put up with humidity and heat most of the year. If I have to buy a new outside TV every 4 years for under $200, why would I buy an outside TV (which they sell), for easily $800+ that MIGHT last a few years longer? 

I'm getting excited about football season, its awesome.

(08-21-2024, 12:26 AM)RS_Express Wrote: Waiting for Notre Dame vs Ohio State and then the stadium is hit by a meteor.

As long as Notre Dame finally beats them and Lou Holtz can give Ryan Day one last middle finger before the meteor hits, I'd die a happy man..

Go Irish!!

Every now and I'll watch the show insane pools and I love the outdoor areas those guys install - most with some really nice outdoor screens. Cant do that in the midwest easily!

65" is perfect size for our room. My old one use to be 61" (which they dont make anymore) and guess what dummy had a custom surround for a 61" that now needs to be altered for a 65"??

Rolls eyes...

(08-21-2024, 09:41 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: As long as Notre Dame finally beats them and Lou Holtz can give Ryan Day one last middle finger before the meteor hits, I'd die a happy man..

Go Irish!!

man, the Irish have had it rough recently. Although I have to hate them because I'm a Michigan fan  Big Grin I also feel like CFB is better with a good Notre Dame team around. But they have to get their shit together...hope they do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-21-2024, 09:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: man, the Irish have had it rough recently. Although I have to hate them because I'm a Michigan fan  Big Grin I also feel like CFB is better with a good Notre Dame team around. But they have to get their shit together...hope they do.

This is supposed to be the best team they've fielded in a decade and certainly the best team since Freeman's been there. They've got NFL talent. We'll see what happens..

While I am looking forward to the expanded FBS playoffs, I've already been to the promised land with the FCS playoffs here in Montana. We had three home playoff games that were fabulous. But before we even saw a playoff game, we had a fabulous home game against in-state rival Montana State (who has dusted the Griz in the last couple of years). That home rivalry win was epic and gave the Griz a bye in the first round of the playoffs. The first playoff game against Delaware was played in a snow globe. A resounding 30 point win margin. Then the excitement began. An OT thriller against Furman.

Then the always formidable NDSU Bison came and would not roll over. It took 2 OT's to settle that one. Could have been the greatest football game I've ever seen in person. Punched the ticket to Texas to the National Championship game...

FCS-level College football can be just as exciting as the bigger school FBS playoffs, just smaller stadiums (although the stadium in Missoula regularly sold out at 27,000+). Not bad for a mountain town. The FBS world is going to find out what how much fun and excitement real college playoffs are (I never considered a four team playoff a "real" playoff).

The current Montana Griz stadium is said to be the best/toughest place to play in all of FCS. Last year, over the entire season, teams were penalized over 4 times/game on average for False Start penalties. The crowd knows it's job and the decibel level regularly goes over 100...I think the record last season was over 117 decibels. Think jet-plane loud.

BTW, about 7-8 years ago, the University of Montana was seriously looking at joining the Mountain West Conference at an FBS level with the likes of Nevada, Utah, Air Force, Fresno State, Wyoming, New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State and others. It would have meant expanding the stadium to 35,000 (very possible now), it would have increased the scholarship numbers, but in the end, it was the alumni players who said "don't do it". They said that there is a definite pathway from FCS-level schools to the NFL. And with TV coverage expanding in the FCS (thank you ESPN2 and ESPN3 and other TV Networks like Root), there is some pro-rata TV money available and NIL is being made available (but not the kind of money that Dr. Pepper throws at Heisman candidates/winners the past couple years).

My point here is college football is fun, no matter where you find it. And I agree that the new FBS playoff format will only add to the interest and late season excitement.
My only comment is "what the hell took you guys so long?"
[-] The following 3 users Like Montana Tom's post: