Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC says Minnesota has their man
Has JJM ever had a season ending injury that has kept him out for an extended amount of time?

Was McCarthy hurt when we drafted him?

https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/stat...7541962137

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
With
@DMRussini
on Scoop City,
@Vikings
HC Kevin O'Connell hints at the progression of J.J. McCarthy from rookie minicamp to training camp and Sam Darnold's growth as well, BUT how he was going to take that progression all the way towards the season opener.

There was definitely a QB competition ?

"Putting plans every week to manufacture throws where [Darnold] can just pitch and catch and throw a lot of completions and let these guys go to work for him. He's really done that so far during camp, as had J.J. So that's why we felt really really good about letting these guys continue to progress towards that opener."

(08-16-2024, 09:27 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
With
@DMRussini
on Scoop City,
@Vikings
HC Kevin O'Connell hints at the progression of J.J. McCarthy from rookie minicamp to training camp and Sam Darnold's growth as well, BUT how he was going to take that progression all the way towards the season opener.

There was definitely a QB competition ?

"Putting plans every week to manufacture throws where [Darnold] can just pitch and catch and throw a lot of completions and let these guys go to work for him. He's really done that so far during camp, as had J.J. So that's why we felt really really good about letting these guys continue to progress towards that opener."

I think he was definitely considering it after the Raider game, which I wouldn't have said two weeks ago. Doubt it would've happened, but I think he loved the idea of having JJ in his back pocket should things go off the rails early.