Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen on McCarthy: 'He can swing it'
from r/minnesotavikings

As I've mentioned before, JJM has an 'it' factor and Thielen mentions it as an 'aura about him'. He also takes to coaching extremely well, right kid at the right place I think.

This doesn't suck to hear. Of course Adam isn't going to say JJ sucks, but what he says sounds genuine...

“I'm sure we'll get a few more sessions in before heading back to training camp... I mean, he's got all the tools, that's for sure. I mean, he can swing it. He's super accurate. You know, we're in shorts and t-shirts out there. But yeah, you can see a lot just from accuracy, timing and those kind of things when you're when you're running around out there... He's got a maturity about him that you can tell that goes beyond his age. And, you know, that's step number one as a QB, right, to have that maturity level, to have that kind of poise or or kind of that aura around you that, you know, just feels like confidence and just a good good person.”

Blake Cashman raving on McCarthy...

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1808140609196040235
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Super glad we got the kid, he was my 2nd choice behind Daniels.

The fan in me is somewhat disappointed not to see him much this season, the professor in me says curate him like a fine wine for a year or 2.

Cashman is right. He'll meet everyone in that locker room. He'll look you in the eye and shake your hand or fist bump you. I guarantee he won't be a stranger to anyone come the start of TC. Lots of QBs on the team right now, so he won't be getting a ton of reps, but the team wants to take it slow with him anyway. He's a mature 21 year old that's played in some huge games already.

But yeah, PF.....I think Daniels is going to be pretty good as well.

(07-02-2024, 09:46 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Cashman is right. He'll meet everyone in that locker room. He'll look you in the eye and shake your hand or fist bump you. I guarantee he won't be a stranger to anyone come the start of TC. Lots of QBs on the team right now, so he won't be getting a ton of reps, but the team wants to take it slow with him anyway. He's a mature 21 year old that's played in some huge games already.

But yeah, PF.....I think Daniels is going to be pretty good as well.

I dont get impressed by much anymore. But so far, Ive been most impressed by how a 21 year old has managed spotlight. I know he faced brighter lights in college (and the pro lights/scrutiny will get even hotter) but at 21, I was no where near as mature as this kid appears to be. 

Hell, I could barely navigate the U of M campus at 21...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

It's a wait and see with him no doubt. Like any rookie qb, he has his strengths and weaknesses. I think he can learn a lot from Darnold about navigating the rookie experience. He has time to develop. He most likely won't play this season unless things go off the rails so there is some level of patience
[-] The following 2 users Like Vikergirl's post:

(07-02-2024, 12:46 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: It's a wait and see with him no doubt. Like any rookie qb, he has his strengths and weaknesses. I think he can learn a lot from Darnold about navigating the rookie experience. He has time to develop. He most likely won't play this season unless things go off the rails so there is some level of patience

Agree. I think this is one of the underrated benefits of having Sam Darnold...for both KOC and JJM. Darnold is a kind of case study in what not to do with a rookie QB...and as a rookie QB.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I love the kid's composure with the media, teammates and even Thielen seem very impressed with him. My hope is that Darnold has a good year and we don't see JJ at all except in the preseason.

(07-02-2024, 08:45 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: This doesn't suck to hear. Of course Adam isn't going to say JJ sucks, but what he says sounds genuine...

“I'm sure we'll get a few more sessions in before heading back to training camp... I mean, he's got all the tools, that's for sure. I mean, he can swing it. He's super accurate. You know, we're in shorts and t-shirts out there. But yeah, you can see a lot just from accuracy, timing and those kind of things when you're when you're running around out there... He's got a maturity about him that you can tell that goes beyond his age. And, you know, that's step number one as a QB, right, to have that maturity level, to have that kind of poise or or kind of that aura around you that, you know, just feels like confidence and just a good good person.”

Blake Cashman raving on McCarthy...

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1808140609196040235

Of course Adam isn't going to say JJ sucks, I agree.
But if he was going to have a negative opinion, I think he just wouldn't say anything.  Silence would be the same indicator as raving about JJM, just the opposite impression.