Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if you don't think they're primed for a SB run in 24...
(06-30-2024, 08:35 AM)FLVike Wrote: I did say that. I don't put Cousins as high as most. In fact, to me, he is not even in the history of top 10 of Viking QBs. I don't expect you to believe me so we will just see. Oh, and last season I wasn't optimistic when i correctly predicted how it would go.

Next time, when you know our starting QB will suffer a season-ending injury in week 8, give a brother a heads up so I can make the necessarily adjustments to my fantasy team.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(06-30-2024, 09:24 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Next time, when you know our starting QB will suffer a season-ending injury in week 8, give a brother a heads up so I can make the necessarily adjustments to my fantasy team.

LOL, the truth though is that I did suspect it but would have never predicted it. As a 50+ year fan you can tend to see trends of your team. And one trend is that, after the 70's, we hardly ever won the division in back to back years.

This is the first time in a long time that I don't have any expectations. I am just looking forward to growth and development

(06-30-2024, 11:19 AM)FLVike Wrote: LOL, the truth though is that I did suspect it but would have never predicted it. As a 50+ year fan you can tend to see trends of your team. And one trend is that, after the 70's, we hardly ever won the division in back to back years.

That's mostly because the NFL decided parity was the best direction for the league and made rules to make it so....and it was spot on correct. The popularity of the league is in the stratosphere. Every year there are 4 or 5 teams that didn't make the playoffs the previous year that end up doing so the next. 

A franchise QB is your best bet to stay competitive year after year with the rules of parity. And after the Fran Tarkenton era, where was Minnesota's franchise QB? Kramer was a nice QB, but he threw 158 INTs, just one less than his career TD total (159).
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: