Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Sam Darnold be the next Rich Gannon?
(06-28-2024, 11:55 AM)comet52 Wrote: Ran across some stats on another board this morning... even worse than I realized and I already realize how bad Darnold is:

Since Darnold entered the league out of 38 QBs with 35+ starts he is:
Dead last in passer rating
Dead last in completion percentage
34th in TD%
36th lowest in int %
37th in YPA
34th in total game winning drives
34th in 4th quarter comebacks
37th in success %

Of any QB who has started a single game or more since 2018, only 11 QBs have a worse passer rating-- out of 81 QBs he is 70th.

I don't think there's anyone who isn't roughly aware of how bad he's been. The hope, and I think it's a legitimate one, is that his god-awful supporting casts had at least something to do with that. Going from crap like Jamison Crowder and Josh (don't call me Ralph) Bellamy to Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison will help him a lot. 

Enough for a career year? Probably. Enough to mark a career changing season and the contract that goes with it? Probably not, but it's certainly possible.

You gotta believe…!  Cool Angel
[-] The following 2 users Like Kentis's post:

(06-28-2024, 02:01 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I don't think there's anyone who isn't roughly aware of how bad he's been. The hope, and I think it's a legitimate one, is that his god-awful supporting casts had at least something to do with that. Going from crap like Jamison Crowder and Josh (don't call me Ralph) Bellamy to Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison will help him a lot. 

Enough for a career year? Probably. Enough to mark a career changing season and the contract that goes with it? Probably not, but it's certainly possible.

Maybe. I'm not holding my breath. The only reason he's around for year 7 is where he was drafted which was a Laquon Treadwell-style mistake imho. But good on him for getting paid despite the futility! Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post: