Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I grew up honoring and living (best I can) the ten commandments
I loved the movie too!  Big Grin

But I would never attempt to push my religion on other adults or indoctrinate others kids in a public school classroom with my beliefs. 

Private school? Do whatever the heck you want; its your $$, your dogma, your charter. 

IMO, Louisiana crossed a line that should not be crossed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(06-24-2024, 07:49 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I loved the movie too!  Big Grin

But I would never attempt to push my religion on other adults or indoctrinate others kids in a public school classroom with my beliefs. 

Private school? Do whatever the heck you want; its your $$, your dogma, your charter. 

IMO, Louisiana crossed a line that should not be crossed.

I agree, completely, and so did the founders of this country when they made freedom of religion a specific priority.

For those that want a theocracy, make the changes you need, and move to Iran.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

(06-25-2024, 09:35 AM)Zanary Wrote: I agree, completely, and so did the founders of this country when they made freedom of religion a specific priority.

For those that want a theocracy, make the changes you need, and move to Iran.

Couldn't the same be said for those in LA thar don't like the changes in their state, "don't like it, get the fuck out$ ?

Funny how Christians complain when alt religions, lifestyles and sexual deviance is promoted and displayed in public classrooms and other spaces, they are tabbed as bigots and haters, but people speaking out against Christian beliefs or symbols are open minded and progressive thinkers.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

Contrary to belief, the term "Separation of Church and State" doesn't exist in the Constitution. Instead, the actual verbiage regarding religion is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” The Founders wanted government to stay out of religion...not vice versa.

Having said that, I don't believe this has any more business being forced in the schools than a lot of the progressive doctrine that is proudly and often subversively taught in our classrooms without parent's consent.

Many of our kids can't read or do math at age level...particularly during/after the Covid lockdowns. How bout we get back to the basics..especially in the inner cities where generations are being left behind?
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(06-25-2024, 04:12 PM)badgervike Wrote: Contrary to belief, the term "Separation of Church and State" doesn't exist in the Constitution.  Instead, the actual verbiage regarding religion is "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”  The Founders wanted government to stay out of religion...not vice versa.

Having said that, I don't believe this has any more business being forced in the schools than a lot of the progressive doctrine that is proudly and often subversively taught in our classrooms without parent's consent. 

Many of our kids can't read or do math at age level...particularly during/after the Covid lockdowns.  How bout we get back to the basics..especially in the inner cities where generations are being left behind?

Agreed. I get in regular snarl-fests up here in PNW media boards when I point out the junk scores in the "3 Rs" our kids have in these districts that have Microsoft, Google, and Boeing money feeding them...particularly when I ask how those skills are helped by blocking out chunks of class time to explain the latest stripe(s) on the LGBTQ+ flag. Similarly, though, I ask why so many "fundamental and traditional" districts at the opposite corner of the country have similarly s**t scores, yet insist that they need to find time to add prayer to the classes.

If ever there was a place I'd want to keep the churches and the parties locked out, it'd be our classrooms...but, I don't know of anywhere they fight harder to have influence.

(06-25-2024, 10:21 PM)Zanary Wrote: Agreed. I get in regular snarl-fests up here in PNW media boards when I point out the junk scores in the "3 Rs" our kids have in these districts that have Microsoft, Google, and Boeing money feeding them...particularly when I ask how those skills are helped by blocking out chunks of class time to explain the latest stripe(s) on the LGBTQ+ flag. Similarly, though, I ask why so many "fundamental and traditional" districts at the opposite corner of the country have similarly s**t scores, yet insist that they need to find time to add prayer to the classes.

If ever there was a place I'd want to keep the churches and the parties locked out, it'd be our classrooms...but, I don't know of anywhere they fight harder to have influence.

Private schools ( predominantly faith based ) typically kick the hell out of public schools in academic testing and competition. I have attended both, but I don't recall hearing or seeing near as much mention of faith in any public systems, nor was/is it being taught or paraded out like the way and Trans shit we are seeing the last few years. Not sure where you see public schools actively promoting Christianity on a regular basis, at least not enough to draw the claims of equally poor testing.

(06-26-2024, 07:04 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Private schools ( predominantly faith based ) typically kick the hell out of public schools in academic testing and competition.  I have attended both,  but I don't recall hearing or seeing near as much mention of faith in any public systems,  nor was/is it being taught or paraded out like the way and Trans shit we are seeing the last few years.  Not sure where you see public schools actively promoting Christianity on a regular basis, at least not enough to draw the claims of equally poor testing.

I was referring to Louisiana's dumbassery with the Ten Commandments in classrooms, when the state's leadership has them already at the bottom, the absolute bottom, of the country's education ratings.

That just doesn't seem like a core curriculum improvement, somehow. It does, however, absolutely reek of religious theater/manipulation...maybe they'll print their own bibles, next?

Hey, f**k those non-Christian kids, why should they feel equally welcomed/represented in classrooms. Obvious favoritism can't go wrong!

And f**ck those girls high school track athletes in Washington. Evidently, you don't even have to do anything except say you identify as a girl to win the state title. What could possibly go wrong there? Obviously, those girls that lost to the man just need to suck it up and train harder next time.

Anyone else think Louisiana is just picking a fight here against wokeism? They practically begged to be sued for this. My personal opinion is this is more about the heavy handed liberal indoctrination in K-12 and colleges in this Country.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(06-26-2024, 01:07 PM)badgervike Wrote: And f**ck those girls high school track athletes in Washington.  Evidently, you don't even have to do anything except say you identify as a girl to win the state title.  What could possibly go wrong there?  Obviously, those girls that lost to the man just need to suck it up and train harder next time.

Anyone else think Louisiana is just picking a fight here against wokeism?  They practically begged to be sued for this.  My personal opinion is this is more about the heavy handed liberal indoctrination in K-12 and colleges in this Country.

Oh, I don't disagree with that, either...and I got kicked off the Seattle Times board when they pushed a story about the "racism" of grading math a few years back.

I wish I was kidding, but...my imagination can't touch reality's insanity, anymore.

Both extremes...yeah, if I finish that statement, I'll get both banned and on some federal watch lists.

[Image: cant-impose-morality-school-10-commandme...=530&ssl=1]I think this pretty much sums the situation up,  and I agree, LA is just kicking the subject to try and point out the hypocrisy of the woke movement,  you want your trans shit,  they countered with the principals of their core belief system,  only seems fair to me.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post: