Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through 3 games, Lions’ defense is much improved
In 2016, the Detroit Lions had one of the league’s worst pass defenses, but thus far, against Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and Matt Ryan, the results have been much better.
The Lions currently rank fifth in the NFL in quarterback rating allowed, giving up just a 70.2 rating to the trio of proven quarterbacks. Last year, the Lions allowed a 106.5 rating to opponents, the worst in the NFL.
At the center of their improvement is pass rush. Detroit has eight sacks so far, good for 11th best in the league. In 2016, they only collected 26 sacks, the league’s second worst total.
“They’re a solid defensive front and they rotate everybody through there, so they’re going to stay fresh,” Vikings quarterback Case Keenum said. “They have some new linebackers that are really good players and on the back end they’re as solid as they come. They’re rarely misaligned, so I have to see where those guys are at all times.”
3-games-lions-defense-much-improved

The Giants and Cardinals have two of the worst OL's in football.  Not quite as bad as our mash unit last year but really bad.  The Lions Defense is better but I don't think those pass rating stats will hold up for very long.  

2 of the 3 Int's by Ryan were balls that his RB/WR should have caught and went through their hands and the Lions front had 2 sacks of Ryan but weren't pressuring him all game.  The Lions D just got some lucky Int bounces that kept them in the game.

Obviously, I am not sold on the Lions being anything other then the same old Lions that we handed two games too last year.  Won't happen this year we are going to sweep them.