Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Mount Rushmore: Vikings who shall not be mentioned...
(05-28-2024, 07:33 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Williams was probably the worst free agent signing we've ever had. In terms of the draft, I'll go with Derrick Alexander, the 1st round DL we took ahead of Warren Sapp. Imagine Warren Sapp playing next to John Randle.

Similarly..Darrin Nelson.  Not because he had a horrible career...but because we passed on Marcus Allen.  With Allen in the backfield, we likely never endure the Herschel nightmare (which Nelson was part of the trade package...but didn't report to Dallas).

That 2005 Draft will always go down in Vikings infamy.  Troy Williamson and (Badger) Erasmus James.  Passing twice on Aaron Rodgers...

Those are all worthy of mention in this thread but the absolute worst person ever to put on the Viking uniform is Darrion Scott. He plead guilty of putting a plastic dry cleaning bag over the head of his 2 year old son.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

(05-28-2024, 01:10 PM)Greylock Wrote: Those are all worthy of mention in this thread but the absolute worst person ever to put on the Viking uniform is Darrion Scott.  He plead guilty of putting a plastic dry cleaning bag over the head of his 2 year old son.

https://www.twincities.com/2009/03/26/ex...rstanding/

I don’t have a lot of problems with guys busting (like Treadwell or Williamson). I have more problems with guys busting because they are stupid and do stupid shit or we were stupid and did stupid shit.

Herschel Walker … Trade that never made sense.
Underwood … Huge red flags that we ignored.
Matt Kalil … Pisses me off how much he coasted through his career collecting
Red McCombs … Cheap ass. Traded Moss.
Darren Sharper … The serial date raping thing is hard to look back on.

Honorable Mention and doesn’t 100% fit the category, but AD. Guy was so good … sort of. He was a spectacular athlete, and got by on that alone. I just wish we could have seen what we could have been if he had a few more brain cells or willpower to dedicate towards becoming a better blocker or receiving back or operating out of any formation that wasn’t a deep set I formation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(05-27-2024, 10:11 PM)DeepFreeze05 Wrote: Donovan McNabb

^. Usually I'll wait and see but man. I hated everything before during and after our signing of McNabb. Terrible! Seems like he's not the best guy behind the scenes with his radio jobs either. Not shocked he's gone away in recent years, for the most part.

Willie Beavers is a running joke amongst my buddies whenever a bad pick gets brought up, so I'll include him here as well. Though 95-- okay, 99--% of this is due to his name more than his draft slot or talent.

I don't ever want to hear that POS Darren Sharper's name ever again. Anyone pales in comparison

(05-28-2024, 02:53 PM)medaille Wrote: I don’t have a lot of problems with guys busting (like Treadwell or Williamson).  I have more problems with guys busting because they are stupid and do stupid shit or we were stupid and did stupid shit.

Herschel Walker …  Trade that never made sense.
Underwood … Huge red flags that we ignored.
Matt Kalil … Pisses me off how much he coasted through his career collecting
Red McCombs …  Cheap ass.  Traded Moss.
Darren Sharper …  The serial date raping thing is hard to look back on.

Honorable Mention and doesn’t 100% fit the category, but AD.  Guy was so good … sort of.  He was a spectacular athlete, and got by on that alone.  I just wish we could have seen what we could have been if he had a few more brain cells or willpower to dedicate towards becoming a better blocker or receiving back or operating out of any formation that wasn’t a deep set I formation.

Kalil had about as bad of luck as I've seen with injuries. In 7 seasons he had 5 off-season surgeries, one of which was dual knee surgery. The guys base was trash.

2012: Pro Bowler and all rookie team

2013: knee injury. Was still a good player, 4 sacks allowed. Had off-season knee surgery.

2014: coming off knee surgery.  Knee injury again during season. Off-season knee surgery. 

2015: Coming off knee surgery, injury to both knees during the season, played all 16 games. Had off-season surgery on BOTH knees.

2016: coming off knee surgery then had hip injury, has surgery misses 14 games. 

2017: coming off hip surgery 

2018: knee injury has surgery and missed the season.

2019: knees still not right, is cut by Houston.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigbone62's post:

(05-29-2024, 10:59 PM)bigbone62 Wrote: Kalil had about as bad of luck as I've seen with injuries. In 7 seasons he had 5 off-season surgeries, one of which was dual knee surgery. The guys base was trash.

2012: Pro Bowler and all rookie team

2013: knee injury. Was still a good player, 4 sacks allowed. Had off-season knee surgery.

2014: coming off knee surgery.  Knee injury again during season. Off-season knee surgery. 

2015: Coming off knee surgery, injury to both knees during the season, played all 16 games. Had off-season surgery on BOTH knees.

2016: coming off knee surgery then had hip injury, has surgery misses 14 games. 

2017: coming off hip surgery 

2018: knee injury has surgery and missed the season.

2019: knees still not right, is cut by Houston.

He had terrible luck and whether it was luck or angling for more money who knows, but him saying, "I feel the best I've ever felt" going into literally every season didn't do him any favors. Again, not holding it against him necessarily but the results speak for themselves. Dude kept dangling that carrot in front of the FO and fans every. single. year. and then would proceed to underperform or break down. Not a stone cold bust like some others on this list-- he could definitely play in the NFL-- but a frustrating player, for sure.

The Troy Williamson pick was so stupid on many levels. And there are some brutal lowlights out there of him dropping some easy long catches. Sigh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(05-30-2024, 09:16 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The Troy Williamson pick was so stupid on many levels. And there are some brutal lowlights out there of him dropping some easy long catches. Sigh.

Troy and Underwood definitely make my "drafted" mountain of forgettables.

On a rare occasion that he hauled in a TD pass, a bomb from TJack against Chicago, I argued that Jackson should have gotten a Nobel nomination for getting that ball to stick to him.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!