Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superbowl?
https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/...7718305144

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952yuvt3qbqjs2a39926y...y.gif&ct=g]

I kid, of course. Can anyone else see how stupid that list is? These people and their 'analytics'.....

Not to be a downer, but I think it's a healthy and cautionary exercise to go to Google, type in "Zach Wilson" and limit the custom range between May and August of 2021. Here's a sample...

Zach Wilson looks impressive in New York Jets OTA's
Zach Wilson looking smooth and accurate during Jets on-field ...
NY Jets Zach Wilson looks great, but Robert Saleh ...
Zach Wilson Looks 'Drastically Better' During Second ...
NFL: Jets rookie QB Zach Wilson has another solid outing
Film Study: Zach Wilson was GREAT in his first game with the ...
Zach Wilson Puts Together Best Day Of Practice During ...

(05-15-2024, 02:25 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Not to be a downer, but I think it's a healthy and cautionary exercise to go to Google, type in "Zach Wilson" and limit the custom range between May and August of 2021. Here's a sample...

No doubt. The people 'reporting' this don't know what they are looking at. Its fodder for the sports hype machine.....job justification and enablement for the 'reporters'. Younger fans love this stuff although 95% of the time its garbage. That's why I had tongue firmly in cheek on this post.

(05-15-2024, 02:25 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Not to be a downer, but I think it's a healthy and cautionary exercise to go to Google, type in "Zach Wilson" and limit the custom range between May and August of 2021. Here's a sample...

Sounds like we need to get this Zach Wilson kid, I hear he's available! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

It's hard as hell to know when the stars really align. KC dropped their week 1 game to the kittens last season, and fought the dropsies almost as bad as we did.

When we beat SF, the NFC looked wide open and it looked like we could hang with anybody...at that point. Sadly, the injuries would be stacking shortly afterward.

The Reid/Mahomes/Kelce combination is gonna be tough again. I'm not convinced Allen will get to the Show, at least not without KC getting knocked out by injuries. Burrow/Cincy always seem fragile, and Philly looked genuinely unraveled late. SF...well, good enough to get there.

At this point, it might be week 10 before there's clarity.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

I think Football Outsiders need to scrap QBASE. Sure doesn't seem like there is any significant correlation between their analytics and the actual success of the QB.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(05-16-2024, 09:10 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: I think Football Outsiders need to scrap QBASE. Sure doesn't seem like there is any significant correlation between their analytics and the actual success of the QB.

Right? When Mayfield, Wilson, Mariota, Fields, Lance and Rosen rank in the top 15, ahead of Mahomes, Hurts and Prescott, it's time to reevaluate your metric.