Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam's Long Term Contract Status
Knowing what we know now about Sam's knee problems, how much does this change the Viking's plans on a long term deal?  I don't think the Vikes would let him walk (or limp - sorry, :p ) away from the team without some type of offer.  But, I wonder if it would have to be an incentive type contract that protects their investment, if he can't play.

This knee issue could cost Sam big, big money for his next contract, and he must aware of that.  Sam really seems like a great guy, teammate, and, of course, quarterback.  I just wonder what kind of money in a contract you'd offer a player you know could unexpectedly be out at any time because of preexisting conditions.  Don't you almost need to have another "starter" caliber QB on the team just in case Sam's knee pain flares up again, or just go in another direction at QB?

It's really too bad.  We thought we had our franchise QB, and the Vikes still might, but this sudden knee pain issue really has to throw some doubt and concerns in Sam's contract year with the team.

Another crazy season for the Vikes; hopefully it's not going to be ruined. If going through adversity only makes you stronger in the end, this team should be the "Incredible HulK" of the NFL.

Go Vikes!
[Image: the_incredible_hulk_by_uncannyknack-d7s9zlt.jpg]

It royally sucks. But I still think he needs to prove consistency. One year was good but can he sustain it. I am glad they didn't sign him yet. 

just gotta let this year play-out and see where the chip lay afterwards. I was hoping it would be very clear the direction the Vikings go @ QB. Still might be, I just don't see it yet. 

I don't see us or any team giving him a lomg term deal now. I didnt think so before and now i really dont think so. 

Why not wait and see what happens. Keenum had a good day today, but I doubt the Vikings get to the playoffs without Sam.

Sam's knee is only going to get worse. With 2 ACL surgeries, my guess is it will become problematic.