Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reckless Speculation
This is totally reckless specultation.

Based on the varied reports related to the Cousins tampering, I am guessing that the NFL is putting the pressure on both the Falcons and Vikings to resolve this -- reach their own settlement.  This has bee done before.  On one hand, you have reports that the NFL is going to drop the hammer on the Falcons, take away multiple draft picks.  This motivates the Falcons.  On the other hand, you hear reports that any punishment will not be meted out until the 2025 draft.  This motivates the Vikings.  Of course, the NFL would prefer a resolution between the teams so the NFL can simply brush this under the rug.  I would not be surprised if this matter is settled in the next 24 hours by the teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VikingOracle's post:

Your post is well thought out, reasoned and gives good perspective. Makes a bunch of sense.

That's mostly why it won't happen soon. The NFL doesn't care about your logic.  Tongue
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(04-24-2024, 08:17 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Your post is well thought out, reasoned and gives good perspective. Makes a bunch of sense.

That's mostly why it won't happen soon. The NFL doesn't care about your logic.  Tongue

I specialize in making rational predictions that never come true.
[-] The following 4 users Like VikingOracle's post:

[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

I don’t think the league gives a shit about the tampering as it happened at a time when it didn’t matter or change anything. The only thing they give a shit about is that Cousins talked about it and they probably have to address it at some point to not lose face. They will punish the Falcons in a trivial manner to show they are tough on crime, but in a way that doesn’t affect anything really. The Falcons will lose a 2025 5th round draft pick. The Vikings will gain nothing. If they find out the Falcons were talking to Cousins before he got injured, my opinion and prediction could change as they seem to care much more about tampering while players are still actively playing games as that legit affects the integrity of the game.

[quote pid="227735" dateline="1713995345"]
medaille
I don’t think the league gives a shit about the tampering as it happened at a time when it didn’t matter or change anything.  The only thing they give a shit about is that Cousins talked about it and they probably have to address it at some point to not lose face.  They will punish the Falcons in a trivial manner to show they are tough on crime, but in a way that doesn’t affect anything really.  The Falcons will lose a 2025 5th round draft pick.  The Vikings will gain nothing.  If they find out the Falcons were talking to Cousins before he got injured, my opinion and prediction could change as they seem to care much more about tampering while players are still actively playing games as that legit affects the integrity of the game.
[/quote]

Chiefs tampering with Jeremy Macklin -- lost a 3rd and 6th rounder.
TB tampering with Brady (and Sean Payton) -- lost a 1st and 3rd.
Lions tampering with Jarrod Page -- lost a 7th and had to swap their 5th with the Chiefs.
49ers tampering with Lance Briggs -- lost a 5th and had to switch their 3rd with the 49ers.
Cardinals tampering with assistant coach Gannon -- had to switch 3rd with the Eagles.  (Settlement between the teams).

(04-24-2024, 05:21 PM)VikingOracle Wrote: [quote pid="227735" dateline="1713995345"]
medaille
I don’t think the league gives a shit about the tampering as it happened at a time when it didn’t matter or change anything.  The only thing they give a shit about is that Cousins talked about it and they probably have to address it at some point to not lose face.  They will punish the Falcons in a trivial manner to show they are tough on crime, but in a way that doesn’t affect anything really.  The Falcons will lose a 2025 5th round draft pick.  The Vikings will gain nothing.  If they find out the Falcons were talking to Cousins before he got injured, my opinion and prediction could change as they seem to care much more about tampering while players are still actively playing games as that legit affects the integrity of the game.

Chiefs tampering with Jeremy Macklin -- lost a 3rd and 6th rounder.
TB tampering with Brady (and Sean Payton) -- lost a 1st and 3rd.
Lions tampering with Jarrod Page -- lost a 7th and had to swap their 5th with the Chiefs.
49ers tampering with Lance Briggs -- lost a 5th and had to switch their 3rd with the 49ers.
Cardinals tampering with assistant coach Gannon -- had to switch 3rd with the Eagles.  (Settlement between the teams).
[/quote]

NFL rule 109.44496 The rules change when the Vikings are the victim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

NFL rule #1: Any benefit to the Vikings is prohibited.