Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time we won the NFCC
48 seasons ago. Would be nice to have a few of those players on our team now, like Bobby Bryant, Matt Blair, Ron Yary, Allen Page, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, and of course Fran the man.

[-] The following 2 users Like FLVike's post:

Rams Vikes
Cowboys Vikes
Cowboys Rams

These teams pretty much ruled the NFC in the 70's

Am I forgetting one from that era? I dont think so. Not in the dominating fashion of those 3.

If I had ONE player to put on my Viking Mt Rushmore it would be this dude...

[Image: 38d8b314bf9a39da4319d52d8cabb738.jpg]

(04-14-2024, 07:41 PM)FLVike Wrote: 48 seasons ago. Would be nice to have a few of those players on our team now, like Bobby Bryant, Matt Blair, Ron Yary, Allen Page, Jim Marshall, Carl Eller, and of course Fran the man.

They are all way to old to play now. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

Tough to beat an awesome trench team, and that's where we need to get better...to the point where our backups are so well-coached, that there's little falloff and we enjoy the kind of trade ammunition that the Patriots were able to keep going for years. When your blocking and your defense are ALWAYS very good, you can afford to trade the occasional guard or end when you can't keep everyone. The best teams are toughest in the middle. We haven't been for a long time.

The closer we get to the draft, the more I'd be fine with using most or all of our picks to solidify the lines and the defense, and roll with Darnold. As insane as I know that sounds (and looks as I type it), I trust a kid with experience needing redemption more than I trust high-pick kids fresh out of college that still typically need 2-3 seasons to really marinate. Yes, the Texans may have struck gold, but...after opposing defenses have time to study their young stud QB, will he still look as brilliant?

Only time tells. On that note, this fan base turns on its QBs rabidly, so...whoever's under center better be calloused, inside and out....
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

I was at that game. It was about 5 degrees out. Quite a day.
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

I became a Vikings fan during those years. Never thought the Rams, Bucs, Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks would win a Super Bowl before us.....Christ.

Jesus, that's a LONG time ago. Had some good teams since then, but never good enough.

(04-15-2024, 02:30 AM)Vanguard83 Wrote: I became a Vikings fan during those years.  Never thought the Rams, Bucs, Eagles, Patriots, Seahawks would win a Super Bowl before us.....Christ.

Yes, me too, but I would add the Saints, Giants, 49ers, and Bears

(04-15-2024, 08:20 AM)FLVike Wrote: Yes, me too, but I would add the Saints, Giants, 49ers, and Bears

Ugh....

Thanks for that