Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels wants to be a Viking?
Good to hear that Jayden Daniels has two functioning retinas. Vikings are by far the best situation. Like that NFL GM said the other day, it might actually be the best situation for a rookie QB to go into in NFL history. 

But like many of you, I'm just not sure he's what KOC is looking for. I could be totally wrong about that, but the fact that they haven't met with him with two weeks left to go doesn't exactly signal intense interest.

or does it signal just the opposite?

Pepp stepping into that Viking offense in 99 or early 2000's was a hella situation for a rook too.

I'm sure Caleb Williams would as well, but he won't get the chance. Its going to be a very good situation for a rookie QB, there's no denying it.

I’m sure the Vikings would love a shot at Jayden Daniels, but being realistic, it’s a fairly remote possibility at this point. I don’t see the Commanders trading out and I think he’s their guy. Our one possible chance is the Commanders preferring Maye and the Patriots trading out. I wouldn’t, I’d take Daniels in a heartbeat if I were the Pats, but you never know. So I think they’ll meet if they can, but both sides have to know it’s unlikely they will get together.

I wouldn’t trade next years first. I’d offer this years two first rounders and maybe a 3rd rounder next. It just isn’t worth giving up more. At some point, you have to be reasonable.

In my opinion, the top 3 look nearly impossible to get at this point. My focus is on the other 3 and there’s a chance all of them could be available at 11. I know people think JJM is right up there, but I’m not so convinced. The biggest question I have is what will the Broncos do? I know Nix is talked about as their guy, but I can definitely see Payton liking JJM too. He’ll run the plays as designed and is accurate as well. If the Vikings prefer one over the other, they’ll need to be prepared to deal with a couple of other teams trying to get up.