Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First thing I hate about this software
There must be a way to turn this off, 

But when you post a thread or a reply you are automatically subscribed and receive an email UNLESS you change the option regarding Subscribing on that post/reply.

I will look to see if there is an option to turn it off. 

Sorry for any inadvertent spam you have gotten
Is this thing on?

Ok So I think I fixed it for most of us. 

For everyone that didn't already go in and fix their "Default Thread Subscription Method" in their User Control Panel, I updated theirs to be "No Notification". This way they can still view the threads that they participated in but do not get an Email or a Private Message. 

Just so you know the options are as follows:

Do Not Subscribe. I believe this means you will not get any notification (PM or Email) and you do not see threads that you participated in lists
No Notiication. I believe this allows you to see threads and posts you have participated in and you do not receive notifiaction (Email or PM)
Instant Email. I believe you see a list of posts and threads you have participated in and also get an email sent to you.
Instant PM Notification. This I believe just sends you a PM and you can view a list of posts and threads you've participated in.

Aside from this setting, in each post or thread you start you can go in and set your subscription method FOR THAT THRED. And you can also go in and remove your subscriptions as well.

For now nobody should be getting emails, and I have updated the registration form to defailt to the No Notification option as well.
Is this thing on?

(04-08-2024, 12:37 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: Ok So I think I fixed it for most of us. 

For everyone that didn't already go in and fix their "Default Thread Subscription Method" in their User Control Panel, I updated theirs to be "No Notification". This way they can still view the threads that they participated in but do not get an Email or a Private Message. 

Just so you know the options are as follows:

Do Not Subscribe. I believe this means you will not get any notification (PM or Email) and you do not see threads that you participated in lists
No Notiication. I believe this allows you to see threads and posts you have participated in and you do not receive notifiaction (Email or PM)
Instant Email. I believe you see a list of posts and threads you have participated in and also get an email sent to you.
Instant PM Notification. This I believe just sends you a PM and you can view a list of posts and threads you've participated in.

Aside from this setting, in each post or thread you start you can go in and set your subscription method FOR THAT THRED. And you can also go in and remove your subscriptions as well.

For now nobody should be getting emails, and I have updated the registration form to defailt to the No Notification option as well.

you need to create a like button.... you would be getting a lot of them.

(04-08-2024, 12:53 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: you need to create a like button.... you would be getting a lot of them.

There is a like system plugin. But I need to learn how to install the plugins.... SO far every single one I have tried to install hasn't worked but I know it is user error on my part.
Is this thing on?