Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dobbs is a 9er
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2024/3/18/24105332/joshua-dobbs-sign-san-francisco-49ers-minnesota-vikings-nfl-free-agency-passtronautThe man that led the Minnesota Vikings to one of their most improbable wins in recent memory is taking his talents to the West Coast.

Mike McCartney, who I believe serves as Josh Dobbs’
agent, is reporting that Dobbs is signing a one-year deal with the
defending NFC Champions, the San Francisco 49ers.

The Vikings traded for Dobbs at the NFL trade deadline
this past year following the season-ending Achilles injury suffered by
Kirk Cousins. Dobbs then had to jump into the fire in place of Jaren
Hall, who suffered a concussion in the first quarter of his first NFL
start against the Atlanta Falcons
and led the Vikings to a 31-28 victory at Mercedes-Benz Stadium,
finding Brandon Powell with less than 30 seconds left to seal the
victory.

Dobbs then led the team to a win the next week at U.S. Bank Stadium against the New Orleans Saints,
but things unraveled quickly from there. Dobbs struggled in the team’s
next two games, including a four-interception performance in a 12-10
loss to Chicago on Monday Night Football. The week after that, Dobbs was
benched for Nick Mullens late in the game against the Las Vegas Raiders and did not see any more action the rest of the way.
The Josh Dobbs era in Minnesota was fun for a little while, but now the Passtronaut is moving on to another team. Best of luck to him going forward, unless he has to line up against the Vikings.

Bummer. I was hoping he'd resign with the Vikings.

wish him luck.

That first half vs the Saints looked magical.  Not like chaos but actually passing, running, a well oiled machine.  Good dude tho

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
That first half vs the Saints looked magical.  Not like chaos but actually passing, running, a well oiled machine.  Good dude tho
It did. It felt surreal. I'm like, 'Is this happening right now?'.....then of course the brutal and inevitable fall came quickly thereafter. 

I could have gotten behind Dobbs long-term here; Like-able, smart, athletic.

Too bad he was a hot mess as a QB. 

UGH

It looks like his contract with SF will not qualify for the draft comp formula. Oh well. Good luck to Dobbs. He created some excitement for Vikings fans after Cousins went down.

The 49ers and the former Vikings quarterback have agreed to a one-year deal that includes $2.25 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport, Tom Pelissero and Mike Garafolo reported on Monday, per sources.
Not a bad one year payout at all - good for him.

Good for DAWBBS. Guy was a dog for a minute here. We laughed, we cried, we wish him well.
Funny the Niners and Vikings have swapped backup QBs when for years the chatter has been that we'd swap starting QBs.