Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury a potential cut candidate?
Quote: @Mattyman said:
His back is messed up.

I thought he had all the ability to be as good as Jason Kelce. to play the same kind of game. Technical and powerful.

Nope.
Bradbury can be technical. He can even be powerful a few plays. The problem with the smaller centers is fatigue. These huge bodies slamming against them play after play wears them down. And there are big, athletic and powerful NTs in the game now. When you see a guy get lower than his opponent, that usually wins the day. But when you see a guy like Bradbury get low and still get walked back, he's getting handled. He's a motion guy, a dude that can 2nd level it. He can switch to help very quickly. But he's not stout at all. And now he's got back issues. 

Carolina releasing their center. Bozeman. I know nothing about him other than he’s not Bradbury. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
Fastest line to the QB.  Strong Center is the key to a good to great OL

If this guy wasn't drafted in the first round he would have been sent packing a long time ago.  Good at his best, mid to below average most of his career.  Dominated by real monsters (which is what you will face when playing good teams)

If you are serious about a new QB or running this back, he's not the guy at all.  Give me Mason Cole, Conor Williams, a rookie, someone.  

Jeff Christy was a nobody, became a great C
Matt Birk was a RT but smart and strong, was a great C
Sullivan, 5th round rookie, took over as C and played very well.

1st round pick, never a top 10 center in this league.  Please move on.
All those were Tice guys, so maybe we need to bring Uncle Mikey back as line coach...?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Skodin said:

If this guy wasn't drafted in the first round he would have been sent packing a long time ago.  Good at his best, mid to below average most of his career.  Dominated by real monsters (which is what you will face when playing good teams)

If you are serious about a new QB or running this back, he's not the guy at all.  Give me Mason Cole, Conor Williams, a rookie, someone.  

All those were Tice guys, so maybe we need to bring Uncle Mikey back as line coach...?
Meathead was a really good OL coach who had some talent to mold as well.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect the OG's around Christy/Birk/Sullivan were better than what we've lined-up here for too long. 

I would be ok with Risner and Ingram for now. Risner is our best pass blocking OG in some time and Ingram looks about league avg - a win for the Vikings. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Skodin said:

Need to do something,  this kinder gentler OL crap ain't cutting it.  Find some damn nasty big uglies and let's get back to controlling the LOS and protecting whoever is playing QB.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Carolina releasing their center. Bozeman. I know nothing about him other than he’s not Bradbury. 
Bigger, but he's a downgrade as a pass blocker. He's also a mauler and doesn't fit well in a zone, which is probably why the Panthers are releasing him after going to a zone last year.