Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings hire McCown
Quote: @"VikeMike52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
McCown was also the QB coach for the Panthers when they scouted, drafted and, um, developed Bryce Young. He might know a thing or two about what to avoid. Mostly, I think this is just a meaningless backfill.
I read he wanted the Panthers to take Stroud but went with Young.
Is that true? 
I read it on X and I don’t remember the source but it didn’t strike me as something to just get clicks.
I don't think it's over for Young, nor do I think Stroud is ready for a gold jacket. But if he wanted Stroud over Young, as it stands right now, that's probably a feather in McCown's cap. 

“As I watch him, I think his skill set is very similar to Joe Burrow,” he said. “Same size, same frame, same arm talent, moves the same way physically. So I like that.”

McCown argued that Stroud showed poise and maturity while playing a team that has an abundance of NFL talent on defense, all while performing on the biggest stage of his life. As a result, McCown appears to have an understanding of how he believes Stroud should succeed at the next level.

“I think his sweet spot is gonna be in the pocket operating,” he said. “In the NFL, when you get in the low red zone, you’ve got to have somebody who can move outside the pocket and make plays, the field is too tight, and seeing this on tape is encouraging from him.”

McCown also studied tape from Alabama quarterback Bryce Young and Kentucky quarterback Will Levis while with Underdog Fantasy, before he joined new Panthers head coach Frank Reich’s staff. However, it appears that he was most impressed by Stroud’s tape.

“Maybe Bryce Young right now is in the lead, but CJ Stroud may close the gap,” he said at the time. “I think you’ll see him right up there beside Bryce Young.”

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03...-nfl-draft

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is not the first time McCown has extolled the virtues of the two-time Heisman Trophy finalist, and it is now especially pertinent given his new role with the Panthers. He was added to head coach Frank Reich's staff on Feb. 10. Obviously, the top of the organization will have the final say on draft night, but the 16-year quarterback does lend some experience and expertise.

https://clutchpoints.com/panthers-news-q...fl-combine

Quote: @"minny65" said:
In 2019, Josh McCown was an assistant Coach at Myers Park High School in Charlotte.

The QB there at the time? Drake Maye.
In 2019, Josh McCown was an assistant Coach at Myers Park High School in Charlotte. The QB there at the time? Drake Maye.
 that is a tell!

or is it Smile
You really want to connect some dots?

Guess who Josh McCown's agent is?

Mike McCartney...Who just so happens to be the agent for???

Heard that on Skor North radio today. 

Vikings hire new QB coach with some interesting draft ties.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2024/02/2...ins-links/

I'm now 99% the QBOTF will be drafted this year. This move cleared things up.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
I'm now 99% the QBOTF will be drafted this year. This move cleared things up.
Agree 100%. Why now? Not one candidate in particular, just a rookie QB.