Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all in on JJ McCarthy

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
I think our chances of getting JJM are pretty good as of now. Here’s my current QB rankings (still watching film):

1. Jayden Daniels
2. Bo Nix
3. JJM
4. Drake Maye
5. Penix
6. Caleb Williams

I’m still thinking it through, but I’m evaluating on which players I think have the best chance of making it long term and have success in the league. I tend to favor guys who have that mobility factor to go with the arm. That’s just what I look for. Penix has an elite arm but limited mobility, as an example. Maye could end up being the best, but i see him as a bigger risk than JJM. 

Back to the main topic, I love JJM. He’s far along for a young guy. If Herbert didn’t have a $170,000,000 dead cap I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to the Chargers! 

As of now, I think 4 QB’s could go before us and I’d be thrilled if it’s JJM who’s available. I’d prefer him over Williams.

Williams’s tape is not good if you view it from a NFL standpoint. He has so much work to do and I’m not convinced at this point he’ll do it. 
I hope you're right. My hope is that there is actually a top 5

Not ranked order:
Williams
Maye
JJM
Nix
Daniels

My own preference continues to be Daniels to MN, but I also wish to be 185 lbs again with a full head of hair. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/Empirical_Scout/stat...2391703916

[Image: fzdbyzu08fic1.jpeg?width=960&crop=smart&...ff01980345]
So does he possess impressive processing? Or is he inconsistent?

Some of these reports just contradict themselves. 

I wonder this about JJM and that is would he be most comfortable (early on and longer term) in a run heavy scheme? MN is not the place for that. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I wonder this about JJM and that is would he be most comfortable (early on and longer term) in a run heavy scheme? MN is not the place for that. 

The silly part is JJM has only been in a run heavy scheme: its Michigan. So to say he 'needs' it is goofy because nobody has seen him in anything different. Its like QBs that rarely takes snaps under center in college and are constantly in the shotgun or RPO. They learn. Many college QBs don't even call plays in the huddle, they come from the sideline. So now a pro offense will have to do the same to accommodate? No, they learn. 

Every single draft profile contradicts itself. Much like the side effects of medicine: can't sleep? Here's take these but one of the side effects is inability to fall asleep. Upset stomach? Take this, but oh yeah....one of the side effects is nausea. 

@"Havoc1649" said:
I think our chances of getting JJM are pretty good as of now. Here’s my current QB rankings (still watching film):

1. Jayden Daniels
2. Bo Nix
3. JJM
4. Drake Maye
5. Penix
6. Caleb Williams

I’m still thinking it through, but I’m evaluating on which players I think have the best chance of making it long term and have success in the league. I tend to favor guys who have that mobility factor to go with the arm. That’s just what I look for. Penix has an elite arm but limited mobility, as an example. Maye could end up being the best, but i see him as a bigger risk than JJM. 

Back to the main topic, I love JJM. He’s far along for a young guy. If Herbert didn’t have a $170,000,000 dead cap I wouldn’t be surprised if he went to the Chargers! 

As of now, I think 4 QB’s could go before us and I’d be thrilled if it’s JJM who’s available. I’d prefer him over Williams.

Williams’s tape is not good if you view it from a NFL standpoint. He has so much work to do and I’m not convinced at this point he’ll do it. 
I hope you're right. My hope is that there is actually a top 5

Not ranked order:
Williams
Maye
JJM
Nix
Daniels

My own preference continues to be Daniels to MN, but I also wish to be 185 lbs again with a full head of hair. 

I’m 185 with a full head of hair, just as depressed of a Vikings fan as the rest of you all fwiw haha. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

The silly part is JJM has only been in a run heavy scheme: its Michigan. So to say he 'needs' it is goofy because nobody has seen him in anything different. Its like QBs that rarely takes snaps under center in college and are constantly in the shotgun or RPO. They learn. Many college QBs don't even call plays in the huddle, they come from the sideline. So now a pro offense will have to do the same to accommodate? No, they learn. 

Every single draft profile contradicts itself. Much like the side effects of medicine: can't sleep? Here's take these but one of the side effects is inability to fall asleep. Upset stomach? Take this, but oh yeah....one of the side effects is nausea. 
It does make you wonder what JJ might have looked like in a passing offense.

About 10 years ago there was a WR who played at Maryland. He was a 5-star recruit who was a terrific route runner with good hands and speed. Problem is, his QB was horrible at Maryland and he had a couple ankle injuries, so his numbers were unremarkable. 19 WRs were drafted ahead of HIM.

They don't think that hard about what they're writing, they're just looking to be draft "content creators" and somehow cash in on that.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

They don't think that hard about what they're writing, they're just looking to be draft "content creators" and somehow cash in on that.
This. Comet, you are on a roll. Seems I can't agree more with your recent takes.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

About 10 years ago there was a WR who played at Maryland. He was a 5-star recruit who was a terrific route runner with good hands and speed. Problem is, his QB was horrible at Maryland and he had a couple ankle injuries, so his numbers were unremarkable. 19 WRs were drafted ahead of HIM.

wasnt it a ruptured spleen that dropped that WR so far?  I was thinking the ankles were a Percy thing.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

wasnt it a ruptured spleen that dropped that WR so far?  I was thinking the ankles were a Percy thing.
Lacerated kidney according to the Googler. But he was never seen as a top prospect because his numbers just weren't very good. And that was due mostly to the QB and injuries.