Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting take: State of The Vikings
I'm willing to see if Kwesi analytics and new technology works. HOWEVER so far I'm struggling to stay on board. Trading within the division multiple times rubs me wrong. He won't negotiate during the season seems odd. Drafting 12 and moving to 32 for little seemed stupid then and still does now. The Ed Donatell hire makes me scratch my head. Harbaugh is a strong personality but hiring someone who is proven winner over a 1 year offensive coordinator from the McVay tree seemed risky. Couple FA picks of been solid. Some suck ass. His window will be closing soon if he doesn't make chit happen. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
For what it's worth, Wolfson reporting today that he expects KOC to be signed to a contract extension prior to the 2024 season but doesn't expect the same for Kwesi.

Take that as you will...

Someone knows what they're doing, if true. I like both KAM and KO but if I were to re-up only one, it'd absolutely be KO. His lack of run game is the most glaring weakness, but I'm hoping it's fixable by either a talent infusion, experience, additional coaching staff members, or all three. His ability to rally the team and design good plays are top tier, IMO.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
For what it's worth, Wolfson reporting today that he expects KOC to be signed to a contract extension prior to the 2024 season but doesn't expect the same for Kwesi.

Take that as you will...

Someone knows what they're doing, if true. I like both KAM and KO but if I were to re-up only one, it'd absolutely be KO. His lack of run game is the most glaring weakness, but I'm hoping it's fixable by either a talent infusion, experience, additional coaching staff members, or all three. His ability to rally the team and design good plays are top tier, IMO.
Yeah I'm not sure about KOC still. I'd give it at least this season to see how he adjusts before giving him an extension. Not sure why the rush. Seems premature to me for a guy who's been mediocre, not interested in running the football, and really struggled to adjust and adapt his game planning and play calling once Cousins went down. But it's typical for the Wilfs to hand out extensions prematurely only to fire them a season later. 

Happy they are taking a "wait and see" approach on the golden child at least...